exclude problem

Any questions? Need some help?
biertjunior

exclude problem

Post by biertjunior »

Hi,

Running into an odd problem. I've got a batch file running once a day to check my download folder. The script is as followed.

Code: Select all

call filebot -script fn:amc "C:\completed downloads" --output "C:\New series and movies" --conflict override -non-strict 

filebot -script fn:cleaner "C:\completed downloads"
The script works fine for all my downloads, but somehow new family guy downloads get excluded. See log below. The show has been downloaded twice and both are excluded, but this is normally no problem for Filebot.

C:\Program Files\FileBot>call filebot -script fn:amc "C:\completed downloads" --
output "C:\New series and movies" -non-strict --conflict override
Argument: C:\completed downloads
Exclude: C:\completed downloads\Family.Guy.S12E13.HDTV.x264-2HD.mp4
Exclude: C:\completed downloads\Family.Guy.S12E13.HDTV.x264-2HD.[VTV].mp4
Done ?(?????)?
Can someone explain to m why is this happening? Did i configure somehow that family guy need to be excluded?
rednoah
The Source

Re: exclude problem

Post by rednoah »

Is there a reason why filebot my ignore the files? Is it very small? Is the video very short?

You can try this for testing:

--def minFileSize=0 minLengthMS=0
And I hope that the call you're making every day has --def excludeList set so you don't get banned:

--def excludeList=amc.txt
--def excludeList=amc-input.txt Keep a list of previously processed files to be ignored in future runs (if you run this script on the same files repeatedly you must enable this option)
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
biertjunior

Post by biertjunior »

Thank you :D the minimal size was the problem.

Also thanks for the heads up on the exclude list, i put that in as well. Should I use the exclude list as well when periodically fetching missing subtitles? That kind of defeats the purpose of it.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

In the amc script --def excludeList makes sure no files are processed twice, so that files that cannot be processed aren't processed (and fail to be) on each single call.

The main issues is similar to your periodical fetching of subtitles. You shouldn't. Suppose a proper subtitle is never added? It'll still check every day and fail every day and this is what gets you banned. You can either try to figure out some logic, like once after 1 day, then after 1 week, and then 1 month, and then give up. If you wanna "abuse" OpenSubtitles everyday you can probably still do so, though I recommend donating lots of money to them, just to be polite. ;)
biertjunior

Post by biertjunior »

The def excludeList script works properly now as far as i can see so files downloaded to this folder are only processed once. Subs are turned off for now (no biggie for me). Thanks for the digital-asshole prevention ;)
Mortyfar

Post by Mortyfar »

Quick question, I actually was wondering about this from the start, but in the tutorial you are using --action copy, witch will indeed run over the same files over and over again.
I am however using --action move, and my script will only process new files, and is run once everyday.
should I add the excludelist parameter to my script:

filebot.exe -script fn:amc --log-file d:/bittorrent/filebot/amc.log --output "d:/bittorrent/filebot" --action move --conflict skip -non-strict "d:/bittorrent/rename" --def movieFormat="e:/movies/{n.replace(':',' -')} ({y})/{n.replace(':',' -')} ({y})" seriesFormat="d:/series/{n}/{'Season '+s}/{n} - {s00e00} - {t} { '(' + fn.match(/(?i)proper|repack/).lower().upperInitial() + ')' }"
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

:?: What happens if for some reason some file can't be processed and thus isn't moved?

There's no downside to using --def excludeList just in case something unexpected happens. Alternatively, you could have additional scripts take care of getting rid of files that are still there after processing in some way, but on Windows, any kind of extra scripting tends to be extra painful. ;)