POSTBUCKET - where random posts in unrelated topics go

Any questions? Need some help?
rednoah
The Source

Re: POSTBUCKET - where random posts in unrelated topics go

Post by rednoah »

@see here:
http://filebot.sourceforge.net/forums/v ... f=4&t=5#p5

fn:name is just an easy way to access the scripts online, with svn:name you'll get the latest script directly from the SVN. You can specify a filepath or an url as well. Then there is -script g:{expression} for inline groovy and -script system:in for reading the script from stdin.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
hhholmes

Re: Fully Automated Media Center

Post by hhholmes »

This is very promising! It looks like this simple bit of code can replace the need for multiple programs, like SCRU (to unpack files), theRenamer (to rename them), and EventGhost (to tie it all together in a single macro). But it doesn't replace the need for a scraper, like MediaCompanion or Ember Media Manager, correct?

I'm new to scripting so I have some (possibly silly) questions:

1. My media folders are currently at the root. For example:

E:\Movies
E:\TV Shows
E:\etc.

Do I replace "X:/path/to/media" with simply "E:/"?

2. What part of the filebot script determines if the torrent is a movie, a TV show, a basket of apples, etc.? Just curious.

3. What part of the filebot script determines how the files will be organized and renamed (e.g., ... /Name - S00E00 - Title). I don't see any syntax that would suggest this. (I'd like to know in case I want to tweak how things are named.)

4. in UTorrent, should I change my "Save In" path (where torrents are saved) to E:\? Or does the script pretty much override whatever I put there?

Thank you!
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

0. It'll replace everything. If you run the script with --def artwork=y it'll fetch artwork and generate nfo files using TheTVDB and TheMovieDB data respectively.

1. Yep, --output "E:" will do.

2. That's complicated and is based on various heuristics, filename patterns, number of files with similar patterns, knowledge about movie/series names, etc. So if you can tell what it is just by looking at the filename, the script will probably get it right as well. The label in utorrent can be used to disable auto-detection and force one of the TV Show/Anime/Movie/Ignore modes if you want.

Note: It'll only enter Anime mode if it is forced via utorrent label, otherwise Anime will fall into the TV Show category and renamed using TheTVDB data.

3. Those are the 3 formats used for the 3 respective modes, TV Series, Anime and Movie.

Code: Select all

def format = [
	tvs:   '''TV Shows/{n}/{episode.special ? "Special" : "Season "+s}/{n} - {episode.special ? "S00E"+special.pad(2) : s00e00} - {t}''',
	anime: '''Anime/{n}/{n} - {sxe} - {t}''',
	mov:   '''Movies/{n} ({y})/{n} ({y}){" CD$pi"}{".$lang"}'''
]
4. The script doesn't care about he original torrent files, utorrent will just pass in a few variables and the paths to the downloaded files and this script will take it from there. There's no magic happening, it's all in that cmdline call.
hhholmes

Post by hhholmes »

Thank you for the reply.

I've tried several torrents but none of them are getting processed with the script. When the torrent is done downloading, I do see the cmd screen pop up with some lines of code run but it disappears before I can see what it says.

The torrents download as usual, but they don't get moved to the output location. For the output I've tried both "E:", "E:\Movies", and various other examples.

Any suggestions?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

It's a command, just open the cmd and just run it manually and see what happens. You can copy the exact cmdline uTorrent is calling from utorrents log tab.
bixtool

Post by bixtool »

Rednoah,
Your script works fantastic. Thank you for sharing.

Now, if only I could remove completed downloads from utorrent with a script I could clean things up nicely. Have you attempted this?

B:
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

And what happens to seeding? I guess uTorrent must have a function somewhere to make it auto-remove a torrent once it's got enough ration.

I'm not gonna add uTorrent controls to the script, but you can play with it if you want. It's definitly possible using utorrents http/json api.
hhholmes

Post by hhholmes »

rednoah wrote:It's a command, just open the cmd and just run it manually and see what happens. You can copy the exact cmdline uTorrent is calling from utorrents log tab.
Ah! Thanks. A lot of output, but I suspect all of it stems from this error which occurs right away (I replaced the actual user name with "MyUserName"):

"...
FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\MyUserName\%D
java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\MyUserName\%D
..."

uTorrent is installed on the C drive (which is where the default user folder is), and I'm trying to export the torrents to the E drive. Perhaps that's the problem?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

µTorrent wrote:You can use the following parameters:

%F - Name of downloaded file (for single file torrents)
%D - Directory where files are saved
%N - Title of torrent
%P - Previous state of torrent
%L - Label
%T - Tracker
%M - Status message string (same as status column)
%I - hex encoded info-hash
%S - State of torrent
%K - kind of torrent (single|multi)
Well, obviously %D won't work. If you run it manually you have to replace the variables that utorrent would have set otherwise. Just copy the exact cmdline utorrent is executing from utorrent logger tab like I said.
hhholmes

Post by hhholmes »

The script is working for movies (they get moved to E:\Movies are are appropriately renamed, etc.) but it's not working with TV shows. They are not getting moved to "E:\TV Shows", not getting renamed, etc.

Below is what the uTorrent command log showed for a recent example:

filebot -script fn:utorrent-postprocess --output "E:" --action copy --conflict override -non-strict --def subtitles=y artwork=y "ut_dir=E:\Torrents" "ut_file=The.Daily.Show.2012.10.18.President.Barack.Obama.HDTV.x264-LMAO.[VTV].mp4" "ut_kind=single" "ut_title=The.Daily.Show.2012.10.18.President.Barack.Obama.HDTV.x264-LMAO.[VTV].mp4" "ut_label=showRSS personal feed" "ut_state=5"
Any suggestions? Thank you.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

So what's the cmdline output if you run that command?
hhholmes

Post by hhholmes »

rednoah wrote:So what's the cmdline output if you run that command?
The full output is below, but you'll see this error occurs about six times:

Lookup by hash failed: Error configuring from jar:file:/C:/Program%20Files/FileB
ot/FileBot.jar!/ehcache.xml. Initial cause was Error configuring from input stre
am. Initial cause was The reference to entity "Sarah" must end with the ';' deli
miter.
"Sarah" is part of the active user name, so I suspect that's where it's coming from.

E:\>filebot -script fn:utorrent-postprocess --output "E:" --action copy --confli
ct override -non-strict --def subtitles=y artwork=y "ut_dir=E:\Torrents" "ut_fil
e=The.Daily.Show.2012.10.18.President.Barack.Obama.HDTV.x264-LMAO.[VTV].mp4" "ut
_kind=single" "ut_title=The.Daily.Show.2012.10.18.President.Barack.Obama.HDTV.x2
64-LMAO.[VTV].mp4" "ut_label=showRSS personal feed" "ut_state=5"
Parameter: subtitles = y
Parameter: artwork = y
Parameter: ut_dir = E:\Torrents
Parameter: ut_file = The.Daily.Show.2012.10.18.President.Barack.Obama.HDTV.x264-
LMAO.[VTV].mp4
Parameter: ut_kind = single
Parameter: ut_title = The.Daily.Show.2012.10.18.President.Barack.Obama.HDTV.x264
-LMAO.[VTV].mp4
Parameter: ut_label = showRSS personal feed
Parameter: ut_state = 5
Input: E:\Torrents\The.Daily.Show.2012.10.18.President.Barack.Obama.HDTV.x264-LM
AO.[VTV].mp4
Group: [tvs:The Daily Show] => [The.Daily.Show.2012.10.18.President.Barack.Obama
.HDTV.x264-LMAO.[VTV].mp4]
Missing subtitles for 1 video files
Looking up subtitles by filehash via OpenSubtitles
Lookup by hash failed: Error configuring from jar:file:/C:/Program%20Files/FileB
ot/FileBot.jar!/ehcache.xml. Initial cause was Error configuring from input stre
am. Initial cause was The reference to entity "Sarah" must end with the ';' deli
miter.
Looking up subtitles by filehash via Sublight
Lookup by hash failed: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Sublight login has not b
een configured
Searching for [The Daily Show] at [OpenSubtitles]
Search for [The Daily Show] failed: Error configuring from jar:file:/C:/Program%
20Files/FileBot/FileBot.jar!/ehcache.xml. Initial cause was Error configuring fr
om input stream. Initial cause was The reference to entity "Sarah" must end with
 the ';' delimiter.
Searching for [The Daily Show] at [Sublight]
Search for [The Daily Show] failed: Sublight login has not been configured
Searching for [The Daily Show] at [Subscene]
Search for [The Daily Show] failed: Error configuring from jar:file:/C:/Program%
20Files/FileBot/FileBot.jar!/ehcache.xml. Initial cause was Error configuring fr
om input stream. Initial cause was The reference to entity "Sarah" must end with
 the ';' delimiter.
No matching subtitles found: E:\Torrents\The.Daily.Show.2012.10.18.President.Bar
ack.Obama.HDTV.x264-LMAO.[VTV].mp4
Rename episodes using [TheTVDB]
Auto-detected query: [The Daily Show]
Error configuring from jar:file:/C:/Program%20Files/FileBot/FileBot.jar!/ehcache
.xml. Initial cause was Error configuring from input stream. Initial cause was T
he reference to entity "Sarah" must end with the ';' delimiter.
Failed to fetch episode data: [The Daily Show]
Exception: Unable to match files to episode data
Done ?(?????)?
Exception in thread "Thread-0" net.sf.ehcache.CacheException: Error configuring
from jar:file:/C:/Program%20Files/FileBot/FileBot.jar!/ehcache.xml. Initial caus
e was Error configuring from input stream. Initial cause was The reference to en
tity "Sarah" must end with the ';' delimiter.
        at net.sf.ehcache.config.ConfigurationFactory.parseConfiguration(Configu
rationFactory.java:103)
rationFactory.java:138)
        at net.sf.ehcache.CacheManager.parseConfiguration(CacheManager.java:555)

at net.sf.ehcache.CacheManager.init(CacheManager.java:310)
        at net.sf.ehcache.CacheManager.<init>(CacheManager.java:300)
        at net.sf.ehcache.CacheManager.create(CacheManager.java:698)
        at net.sf.ehcache.CacheManager.getInstance(CacheManager.java:718)
        at net.sourceforge.filebot.Main$6.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: net.sf.ehcache.CacheException: Error configuring from input stream. I
nitial cause was The reference to entity "Sarah" must end with the ';' delimiter
rationFactory.java:157)
rationFactory.java:101)
        ... 7 more
Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 6; columnNumber: 38; The r
eference to entity "Sarah" must end with the ';' delimiter.
        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAX
ParseException(Unknown Source)
        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.fatalErro
r(Unknown Source)
        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(
Unknown Source)
        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(
Unknown Source)
        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLScanner.reportFatalError(U
nknown Source)
        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLScanner.scanAttributeValue
(Unknown Source)
        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImp
l.scanAttribute(Unknown Source)
l.scanStartElement(Unknown Source)
l$FragmentContentDriver.next(Unknown Source)
        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.next(U
nknown Source)
l.scanDocument(Unknown Source)
        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(U
nknown Source)
        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(U
nknown Source)
        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown So
urce)
        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Un
known Source)
        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.p
arse(Unknown Source)
        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserImpl.parse(Unknown S
ource)
        at javax.xml.parsers.SAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
rationFactory.java:155)
        ... 8 more
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

That is an odd one. Do you use some wierd username or something? Something causing ehcache to crash when it's initializing. I guess for some reason it can't store it's cache in your home folder.

You could either just use a normal username or set filebot up to not work in your home folder. See the configs of the portable version for how to do that.
hhholmes

Post by hhholmes »

rednoah wrote:That is an odd one. Do you use some wierd username or something?
The username does have an ampersand (&) in it, and it seems this will produce this kind of error. (For example, http://www.dailytechnologytips.com/2009 ... ce-to.html.)

I will try to change the username, but from what I've gathered so far this is no simple task.

Thank you for the help and the great program.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

I'll submit a bug report ehcache regarding this issue. In the meantime why don't you use FileBot portable? You can still use the filebot command. Just specify the full path to the filebot.cmd

EDIT: Found a workaround in ehcache so special characters in the username shouldn't be a problem anymore with next release.
hhholmes

Post by hhholmes »

It appears that the replies to this original post keep getting deleted (are they being moved elsewhere in the forum?).

I was having trouble getting filebot to process torrented TV shows because my username includes an "&" symbol. You suggested I use filebot portable, but I can't find that thread for the details.

Is it as simple as uninstalling filebot, installing filebot portable, and telling uTorrent to use the same script as above ("filebot -script fn:utorrent-postprocess --output "X:/path/to/me)?
rednoah
The Source

Re: POSTBUCKET - where random posts in unrelated topics go

Post by rednoah »

Try the latest b2 release from here. That should fix it:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/filebo ... ebot/HEAD/

You need to copy the whole command line with options and arguments into uTorrent as described and shown on the screenshot. ;)

If you use portable you need to give uTorrent the full path to filebot.cmd, you can try running filebot -version in a cmd window first to figure out how it works.
Morf

Re: Metadata >> Extended Attributes && Airdate >> Creation T

Post by Morf »

I've started having a problem in release 3.1 which I suspect is due to this change.

Once I've renamed my files I copy them all to a NAS which is not NTFS, now I've started using 3.1 every time I copy the file I get a message saying...

"Property loss: Are you sure you want to copy this file without its properties...."

It's going to get very wearing very fast having to answer this question every time... to the extent that I may revert to an older version of FileBot or stop using it.

I'm presuming this is because of the extended attributes being applied to the file.

If so, is it possible to disable it? There's something about disabling it in the post above but I'm afraid it makes no sense to me, I'm not a programmer just a dumb (l)user...

Windows 7 x64 and Jave 7 update 1, if that helps.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Erm, didn't know windows would annoy you about that... Do you have to confirm for each file or just once for all?

You can do 2 things:
-DuseNativeShell=false
(to use Java move/copy instead of Windows Shell)

-DuseExtendedFileAtrributes=false
(to disable EAs)

It's all in the *.l4f.ini files, you can edit these settings in those config files. Those settings are default if you use FileBot (platform) shortcut to run it.

EDIT:
I might be able to suppress those notifications but still allow you to use the windows move/copy dialog for progress indication. I'll send u an update tomorrow.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

:: UPDATE ::

Please try r1288 and see if move/copy will still make you confirm these "Property loss" things:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/filebot ... ebot/HEAD/

(just override the FileBot.jar in your install folder with the one here to update everything)
Morf

Post by Morf »

Thanks for the quick response!

To take your questions in order:

1) I have to confirm on every move/copy operation. If I copy several files at once I do get prompted for each file (so several times during the copy), although there is the usual Windows "do this for all current items" checkbox. Even if I check this, I will be asked again on the next copy.

2) -DuseExtendedFileAtrributes=false made the problem go away, both for the platform version and the normal version (I prefer the look and feel of the normal version).

3) -DuseNativeShell=false is already set for the platform version, and that didn't help (until I set -DuseExtendedFileAtrributes=false). I'm renaming the files in their existing folder, then copying outside FileBot - not sure if this makes a difference.

4) r1288 - I tried this first, without setting -DuseExtendedFileAtrributes=false, and it didn't help.

So, I'm now using the ship version of 3.1 (not r1288) with -DuseExtendedFileAtrributes=false set, and the normal version works fine for me.

Problem solved as far as I am concerned, but if you'd like me to be a guinea pig for testing that would be fine.

For the benefit of anybody else who has this problem, you need to edit either filebot.platform.launcher.l4j.ini or filebot.launcher.l4j.ini depending upon whether you use the Filebot or Filebot (Platform) shortcut and change the highlighted line. If you're using Windows 7 with User Access Control enabled and Filebot is installed in C:\Program Files, you won't be able to save the file directly if you edit it with notepad: save it somewhere else and then copy it across manually.

filebot.platform.launcher.l4j.ini
# FileBot launch4j runtime config
-Dapplication.deployment=msi
-Dapplication.dir="%APPDATA%\FileBot"

# FileBot system properties
-DthreadPool=8
-Dunixfs=false

# proxy settings
# -Dhttp.proxyHost=localhost
# -Dhttp.proxyPort=8888

# disable analytics
# -no-analytics

# do not use native shell for move/copy operations
-DuseNativeShell=false

# use NTFS extended attributes for storing metadata
-DuseExtendedFileAttributes=false

# memory settings
-Xms64m
-Xmx512m

# http connection timeouts
-Dsun.net.client.defaultConnectTimeout=10000
-Dsun.net.client.defaultReadTimeout=60000

# look for native libs here
-Djna.library.path="%EXEDIR%"
-Djava.library.path="%EXEDIR%"

# force english locale
-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8
-Duser.country=US
-Duser.country.format=US
-Duser.language=en
-Duser.language.format=en

# disable HW acceleration
-Dsun.java2d.d3d=false

# force platform L&F
-Dswing.systemlaf=javax.swing.plaf.nimbus.NimbusLookAndFeel

filebot.launcher.l4j.ini
# FileBot launch4j runtime config
-Dapplication.deployment=msi
-Dapplication.dir="%APPDATA%\FileBot"

# proxy settings
# -Dhttp.proxyHost=localhost
# -Dhttp.proxyPort=8888

# disable analytics
# -no-analytics

# use native shell for move/copy operations
-DuseNativeShell=true

# use NTFS extended attributes for storing metadata
-DuseExtendedFileAttributes=false

# memory settings
-Xmx256m

# http connection timeouts
-Dsun.net.client.defaultConnectTimeout=10000
-Dsun.net.client.defaultReadTimeout=60000

# look for native libs here
-Djna.library.path="%EXEDIR%"
-Djava.library.path="%EXEDIR%"
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Oh, so you first rename files in place, and only later move them to that other non-NTFS drive? Then you need -DuseExtendedFileAttributes=false to make FileBot not set EAs in the first place. EAs are set as files are renamed and it looks like the normal windows move/copy dialog is a bit stupid about handling those.

Can you try with r1288, but move-renaming files directly to their final destination, you know with absolute path as format? If FileBot is invoking the move/copy operations it should suppress these messages, should work with both -DuseNativeShell=false and -DuseNativeShell=true.
Morf

Post by Morf »

OK, copying within Filebot with version 3.1 and -DuseNativeShell=true, I got the error. With the new version, I don't, regardless of -DuseNativeShell. So you're successfully suppressing the messages. :D

In my circumstances, this isn't much of a help because I could be copying the file to any of a number of different locations or even drives depending upon the particular program, so I'll stick to my existing way of working (rename in place and copy later) but with -DuseExtendedFileAttributes=false set.

Many thanks for your help!
ehmtwo

Re: Common Naming Schemes

Post by ehmtwo »

I'm trying to modify:

D:/TV Shows/{n}/{episode.special ? 'Special' : 'Season '+s}/{n} - {episode.special ? 'S00E'+special.pad(2) : s00e00} - {t}

I'm trying to replace "s00e00" with "s{s.pad(2)}e{e.pad(2)}"

but I cannot do that because they're within a {}, and reflect as the season and episode numbers instead of text. I'm not familiar with groovy, but is there a way I can replace the "S" and "E" with lower case? I'm not a fan of capitols because I find it hard to scan by eye, the lower case makes it easier to divide
ehmtwo

Re: How about sharing our format expressions?

Post by ehmtwo »

I have managed to figure how to replace "S"

s00e00.replaceFirst(/^S/, "s")

i'm messing with how to change the "E"