Moving Files Sets 'Read Only'

Any questions? Need some help?
trumpy81

Moving Files Sets 'Read Only'

Post by trumpy81 »

GDay All,

I have filebot installed on my Win7Pro machine and uTorrent is configured to trigger it automatically, which is kewl! :D

However, when filebot moves the renamed files to another folder it sets the files to 'read only'.

Is there any way I can change that behaviour?

I checked all of the available commands but I don't see anything related to this issue.

Any help would be appreciated.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Moving Files Sets 'Read Only'

Post by rednoah »

Either fix the permissions on your system. Or you could try using the latest 3.5 beta.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
trumpy81

Post by trumpy81 »

There is nothing wrong with the permissions on my PC, or did you mean that I should change the read only bit manually?

I will try the beta but I usually don't like using beta programs, I have enough problems with the release versions :D :P

Where can I find the latest beta version?
Pulpi

Post by Pulpi »

Here you can find the latest versions http://sourceforge.net/projects/filebot ... ebot/HEAD/
trumpy81

Post by trumpy81 »

Thanks Pulpi.

I will try it out and see if it makes a difference.
trumpy81

Post by trumpy81 »

OK, I installed the 4.5 B1 Beta, but there is no change, it still sets the read only bit when moving the files to another folder.

I just noticed though, when uTorrent completes a file, it sets the read only bit until the torrent file has been deleted from uTorrent. I wonder if this has anything to do with it?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

You could also try if using the FileBot or FileBot (platform) launcher (2 different launch configurations included in the MSI installer) makes a difference.

FileBot 4.5 does not force metadata to be copied, but the system internals may just do their own thing.
trumpy81

Post by trumpy81 »

I noticed the two different launch programs. I wondered what they were for. Apart from slightly different window graphics, I don't see any difference between the two?

I like having it triggered automatically though, it means I don't have to rename everything before adding it to my collection.

It would be nice to have an option to clear the read only bit when copying/moving files though. Otherwise, it's a great program and it saves me an awful lot of work. :)
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

You can see the corresponding *.l4j.ini files for the configuration options. FileBot [filebot.launcher.exe] will give the best user experience (Windows Look, Windows Shell MOVE/COPY, DirectX graphics pipeline, etc) while FileBot [filebot.laucher.platform.exe] will give the most platform-independent experience, and thus work around potential Windows issues... like DirectX not working via Remote Desktop, modded Windows UI crashing Windows Swing LaF. It'll also use the Java API for MOVE/COPY operations and not the Windows Shell.
trumpy81

Post by trumpy81 »

Thanks. I thought it may have been something along those lines. Makes sense too. Windows is not the friendliest of api's to navigate so using non native solutions can pay off.