incorrect match is adding "original files" without cleaning

Any questions? Need some help?
vletroye

incorrect match is adding "original files" without cleaning

Post by vletroye »

Is this a known "feature" ? (If not, I will do further tests and a more "complete" report).

I did drag & drop folders in the "Original files" pane of Filebot in order to rename them.
After clicking on "Match", many folders were "flagged" with a red cross because some new names were the same as the current ones (<= folder not needing to be renamed...).

I clicked on "Rename" and got, as expected, a list of notifications about "Existing folders with the same name as..". The other folders were renamed.

The folders not renamed were still listed in the "Original file" pane (the others being removed from that pane during the rename).
Without clicking on "Clear all", I did drag & drop new folders in the "Original file" pane and next on "Match".
But the names found were actually matching the folders not previously renamed instead of the folders newly added...

I am running the very latest build from http://sourceforge.net/projects/filebot ... ebot/HEAD/
on Windows Server 2012 Essentials x64.

V.
rednoah
The Source

Re: incorrect match is adding "original files" without clean

Post by rednoah »

Screenshots?

PS: if you need to rename folders, as opposed to moving files into a new structure, then you're doing something wrong
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
vletroye

Post by vletroye »

Step 1: drag & drop some folders to renamed them (as well as the files) with a format like : ../{n.replaceAll(/[:;]/, "-")} ({y})/{n.replaceAll(/[!?.]+$/)........

Step 2: click Rename

Outcomes of Step 2:

Step 3: drag & drop new folders in the left pane. You see on the left that it starts to match the new imported folders

Outcomes of Step 3: all folders have been matched with the named of the folders imported at step 1

vletroye

Post by vletroye »

I read that this kind of "format" could be used to renamed both the movies and their parent folder ?!
Do you suggest a post for a better approach to renamed the folders with the name of the movie stored inside ?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

The X indicates that it can't be processed. And then the dialog tells you that these files will be ignored. And then the are ignored. Works as expected. :D

"renaming folders" is a flawed idea. Instead you should let FileBot move your files into a new structure (as per FAQ #1) according to your format. Then you have a clean structure.

The left behind folders and clutter in the old structure can be ignored, or deleted once in a while if you have OCD.
vletroye

Post by vletroye »

Yes, regarding "X", I understand that it's normal... It's not the problem I wanted to talk about.

What's not normal IMHO, it's that in the outcomes of step 3, the "names" in the right pane are actually matching the "movies" loaded in the left pane at step 1 instead of those loaded in step 3.

Ex.: the name "../11.6 (2013) /11.6 (2013) [720p.x264.DTS]" is going to be used by filebot to rename the movie "1492 - Christophe Collomb [720p.x264.DTS]" loaded in step 3, while it's actually a name matching the movie "11.6 (2013) [1080p.x264.DTS]" loaded at step 1, already renamed at step 2, and not in the left pane anymore at step 3!

HOWEVER: the right file has been analyzed at step 3 as you can see that the metadatainfo used in the outcomes of step 3 are those from the movie actually in the left pane at that step (I.e.: [720p.x264.DTS] is based on the metadata of "1492 - Christophe Collomb"!
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Oh, you mean that you can drag in new files on the left after there's already data on the right? That's fine, that's part of manual matching. The right part is not just auto-detected. It might as well be data you dragged in that is than used, instead of auto-detection.

Whenever you match against a datasource the right part will be cleared and ignored. You can drag-n-reorder files/data to make it not match, or drop data that doesn't match, basically you can do whatever you want, including completely override / bypass auto-detection.

For example this guy will have to match files and data manually:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2146&p=12388
vletroye

Post by vletroye »

Wow ! :shock:

At first, it looked to me a lot disturbing...
But with the video, I clearly see now the interest :P

Thx again for pointing me in the right direction.

V.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Think of it this way:

Both parts are simple lists that contain data. You can add data by using drag-and-drop, or remove data by hitting DELETE, or click CLEAR. You can also have FileBot guess the missing data and fill the right-hand-side list.

In the end the two lists are completely independent, and can be modified completely independently, which gives users a lot of flexibility on how to use FileBot to best get the job done. ;)
vletroye

Post by vletroye »

What I thought to possibly be an issue is the kind of surprise people like me have because of not reading the whole documentation first :?

Notice for other readers (if I may :oops: ): simply "drag-and-dropping" new files in the left pane doesn't literally add them to the existing content of the left pane (if any). Instead, it cleans the list first and repopulate it next with the new files.

To literally "add" files, I found you have foreseen the combination "CTRL" + "Drag&Drop" 8-)

V.