How to sort files in the "Rename" pane

Any questions? Need some help?
vletroye

How to sort files in the "Rename" pane

Post by vletroye »

Hi,

When I drag and drop some music files in the "Original Files" area, those appears to be sorted automatically in the alphabetic order (even if I select them in the opposite order in Windows Explorer). Ex.:

After "Matching" them (using "ID3 tags"), the music files appears neither sorted on the "Original Files" nor on the "New Names" ?! Ex.:

It would be convenient for me to be able to sort them either on the "Original Files" or on the "New Names" so I can check easily that everything is fine (Especially when I drag many files for various artists/albums).

Is there a trick for that ? Searching for "sort" in the forum I mainly find topics about scripting... nothing on the UI.
Actually, I cannot figure out how they are sorted after a "Match"?!

Thx a lot in adv for any tip on this!!

V.

PS.: You can see here a sample where I have a mix of albums. In this case, I would like to sort them on the new names to see them grouped by artist/album

rednoah
The Source

Re: How to sort files in the "Rename" pane

Post by rednoah »

That's an issue with certain NAS types that don't list file alphabetically natively. I'll see if I can force order on my application code.

Fixed with r2700.

As for custom sorting, that's not supported.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
vletroye

Post by vletroye »

THX!!! It works now fine. Original files keep sorted...

V.
DavidRTurner
Power User

Post by DavidRTurner »

rednoah wrote:As for custom sorting, that's not supported.
Is this something you're considering for a future release?

The ability in the Rename pane (either Original Files (or both sides)) to sort in a Windows column-like format (name, numeric name, size, date, etc.) would be a fantastic addition...