NFO creation

Any questions? Need some help?
saitoh183

NFO creation

Post by saitoh183 »

Just discovered this program and i was wondering...

Is it able to create NFO files from scratch that are formatted for XBMC? Im sure your aware that TVDB doesnt always have stuff up to date or stop updating certain series (ie WWE RAW) or doesnt have the same numbering convention as TV rage. So lets say i want to rename a show using TVRage instead of TVDB, could it create a nfo file for it as well since XBMC requires one to make it a library entry or else it will search TVDB for it. I really want to try to use this software with my anime(using anidb) but if there isnt any nfo creation i wont be able to see the file in my xbmc
rednoah
The Source

Re: NFO creation

Post by rednoah »

You can add nfo/artwork via the artwork.* scripts. It's all cmdline only:
http://filebot.sourceforge.net/forums/v ... 4&t=5#p204

This stuff is all based on TheTVDB/TheMovieDB data for nfo and ArtworkTV for some extra artwork. Those two scripts create nfo files for XBMC. For tv shows it'll only contain metadata about the show.

The artwork.tvdb script currently doesn't create nfo files for episodes, only one for the series. Shouldn't be much work to add that if you don't mind a bit of coding. I guess you only need to put in some basic info just enough to keep xbmc from checking online.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
saitoh183

Post by saitoh183 »

Thanks for the reply :)

So with the script you linked, could i modify it to pull metadata from anidb instead of TVDB? As for Artwork, i dont mind TVDB if it has the show or Fanart.tv but i would like to use anidb as source for the metadata of the nfo file
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Nope, didn't implement anything other then episode-data so you can't just switch it, it's not sharing a common interface.

DIY:
1. You can use FileBot's internal AniDBClient to do search by series title
2. Then you have anidb id and grab the data yourself, processing xml in Groovy is pretty easy: http://wiki.anidb.net/w/HTTP_API_Definition#Data
saitoh183

Post by saitoh183 »

Quick question, As you stated above, your script can only create NFO's for the Tv series and not for the episode. Would it be possible for you to create a quick snippet that could creation nfo for episodes from TVRage. TVRage is the only place you can get proper MMA/WWE episode list and Filebot can manually process files like WWE Friday Night SmackDown - 2012-08-31.mkv but with no nfo file XBMC updating is useless. There is currently a big demand to find a automated solution for MMA/WWE processing on the XBMC forum and i think Filebot could be the solution everyone is looking for but it only lacks the nfo portion. For PaperView events we now have TMDB but for Tv weekly show, we got nothing and TVDB is useless. As for the info from TV rage, just the minimum so that it picks it up. Since there is no scraper for TVRage on XBMC, no other media manager that supports TVrage, Filebot seems like the only hope.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »