How to stop Directory Name being taken as Series Name

Any questions? Need some help?
Mech_Man

How to stop Directory Name being taken as Series Name

Post by Mech_Man »

I know that FileBot looks at the name of the containing directory as one possibility of the Series Name, and that feature has come in handy quite a few times.

But also, a few times it is aggravating.

Example:
I have a directory "C:\Working" where I move files that are to be renamed.
Most Series Names are accurately identified by FileBot and the proper Series rename suggested.

However:
The current Series "Proof" shows up as "Proof (2015) in theTVdb, and "Proof (TNT)" in TVrage and just "Proof" on the subtitle files I get. (It seems that FileBot can get confused when the Series Name isn't standardized by the source databases).

My Problem:
FileBot keeps trying to grab the name of my "Working" directory as a component of the suggested Series names.
I have even tried manually renaming the media file all by itself, and that doesn't help.

I know I can use the Override function during FileBot's identification phase by holding down the shift button as I left-click, and then delete the suggested Series Name and replace it with "Proof (2015)", and it works fine.

MY QUESTION: Is there some name I can give the working directory that will be excluded from FileBot's search for possible Series Names??? Maybe name the working directory "C:\____" or "XOXOXO" or such?
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the Universe together
rednoah
The Source

Re: How to stop Directory Name being taken as Series Name

Post by rednoah »

Example? Logs? What's the full path of the file that doesn't work?

2a.
See viewtopic.php?f=3&t=359

2b.
I've added Working to the blacklist, but I won't be able to push the updated index files while I'm on holiday.

2c.
You can rename your working directory to anything that's on this list: http://app.filebot.net/data/query-blacklist.txt

For example "____" or "staging".
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.