Help needed- Specials with multiple-parts

Any questions? Need some help?
DavidRTurner
Power User

Help needed- Specials with multiple-parts

Post by DavidRTurner »

I've been away from here for a while, and haven't really touched my format for a while, but I'm just now using AVIDemux to combine multiple-file, multiple-part episodes (i.e. S01E01, XXX Part1 - combine with S01E01, XXX Part2) to have a single file named S01E01-E02, XXX.

I've found a problem with 2 files (out of 7,000... not a bad ratio for having issues... :D )

Example:
Rockford Files, The S00E01 -- Backlash of the Hunter (Part 1)
Rockford Files, The S00E02 -- Backlash of the Hunter (Part 2)

After combining the files, I'm trying to get the name to:
Rockford Files, The S00E01-E02 -- Backlash of the Hunter

While my standard episode format works for renaming regular seasons, like S01E01-E02, something is missing when it's a special (or, S00) that I'm unable to see... any thoughts?

Code: Select all

{(fn.match(/(?i)(\bS\d{2}E\d{2}[a-zA-Z])\b/)) ? (fn.match(/(?i)(\bS\d{2}E\d{2}[a-zA-Z])\b/)+' - ') : ''}

{episode.special ? ('S00E'+special.pad(2)+' (S'+episode.season.pad(2))+'Sp'+special.pad(2)+')' : s00e00}
rednoah
The Source

Re: Help needed- Specials with multiple-parts

Post by rednoah »

You have access to all episode objects matched to a file via the {episodes} binding. But I don't think that FileBot will match two special episodes to one file, so this seems to be an unsupported special case...

EDIT: Fixed with r3175 but PLEASE do do some thorough testing as small tweaks to the matcher internals may have unexpected side effects...
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
DavidRTurner
Power User

Post by DavidRTurner »

Thanks - I've been doing tests, and still can't quite figure this one out...
I also have another concern, related to it.

I have recently combined several episodes together, but cannot show an episode title with more than 2-at-a-time:
-i.e. S01E01-E02 works fine (as does S01E05-E06 or similar)... but S01E01-E03 will result in S01E01 only - so with more than 3 episodes together in the name, FB cycles to think it's just the first one alone.

Is 's00e00' limited in some way?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

S01E01-E03 means S01E01 and S01E03 but NOT S01E02. FileBot sanity checks the multi-episode sequence, and E1+E3 is a broken sequence because E2 is missing.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.