"Fear the Walking Dead" getting mis-identified

Any questions? Need some help?
zang

"Fear the Walking Dead" getting mis-identified

Post by zang »

This seems to be a matching issue. Even though the new series "Fear the Walking Dead" is in the TVDB and being listed as a possible match and episode date is fetched for "Fear the Walking Dead", it always gets matched as "The Walking Dead":

Code: Select all

Run script [fn:amc] at [Mon Aug 24 03:09:49 EDT 2015]
Parameter: artwork = y
Parameter: subtitles = en
Parameter: xbmc = xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
Parameter: music = n
Parameter: ut_dir = /Volumes/xxx/Downloads/Done/Fear.The.Walking.Dead.S01E01.720p.HDTV.x264-KILLERS[EtHD]/Fear.The.Walking.Dead.S01E01.720p.HDTV.x264-KILLERS.mkv
Parameter: ut_kind = multi
Parameter: ut_title = Fear.The.Walking.Dead.S01E01.720p.HDTV.x264-KILLERS.mkv
Parameter: movieFormat = Movies/{n} ({y})/{n} ({y})
Input: /Volumes/xxx/Downloads/Done/Fear.The.Walking.Dead.S01E01.720p.HDTV.x264-KILLERS[EtHD]/Fear.The.Walking.Dead.S01E01.720p.HDTV.x264-KILLERS.mkv
Group: [tvs:fear] => [Fear.The.Walking.Dead.S01E01.720p.HDTV.x264-KILLERS.mkv]
Rename episodes using [TheTVDB]
Auto-detected query: [Fear, Fear The Walking Dead, The Walking Dead]
Fetching episode data for [Fear Factor]
Fetching episode data for [Fear Itself]
Fetching episode data for [Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi]
Fetching episode data for [Fear the Walking Dead]
Fetching episode data for [The Walking Dead]
Fetching episode data for [Talking Dead]
[COPY] Rename [/Volumes/xxx/Downloads/Done/Fear.The.Walking.Dead.S01E01.720p.HDTV.x264-KILLERS[EtHD]/Fear.The.Walking.Dead.S01E01.720p.HDTV.x264-KILLERS.mkv] to [/Volumes/xxxxxxx/TV Shows/The Walking Dead/Season 01/The Walking Dead - S01E01 - Days Gone Bye.mkv]
Processed 1 files
Fetching series artwork for [The Walking Dead] to [/Volumes/xxxxxxx/TV Shows/The Walking Dead/Season 01]
Banner already exists: /Volumes/xxxxxxx/TV Shows/The Walking Dead/poster.jpg
Banner already exists: /Volumes/xxxxxxx/TV Shows/The Walking Dead/banner.jpg
Banner already exists: /Volumes/xxxxxxx/TV Shows/The Walking Dead/fanart.jpg
Fetching /Volumes/xxxxxxx/TV Shows/The Walking Dead/Season 01/poster.jpg => {id=898637, BannerMirror=http://thetvdb.com/banners/, BannerPath=seasons/153021-1-8.jpg, BannerType=season, BannerType2=season, Season=1, Language=en, Rating=8.3810, RatingCount=21}
Fetching /Volumes/xxxxxxx/TV Shows/The Walking Dead/Season 01/banner.jpg => {id=904024, BannerMirror=http://thetvdb.com/banners/, BannerPath=seasonswide/153021-1.jpg, BannerType=season, BannerType2=seasonwide, Season=1, Language=en, Rating=7.0000, RatingCount=1}
Fanart already exists: /Volumes/xxxxxxx/TV Shows/The Walking Dead/clearart.png
Fanart already exists: /Volumes/xxxxxxx/TV Shows/The Walking Dead/logo.png
Fanart already exists: /Volumes/xxxxxxx/TV Shows/The Walking Dead/landscape.jpg
Fetching /Volumes/xxxxxxx/TV Shows/The Walking Dead/Season 01/landscape.jpg => {type=seasonthumb, id=19082, url=http://assets.fanart.tv/fanart/tv/153021/seasonthumb/the-walking-dead-4fef2ba64f6bd.jpg, lang=en, likes=4, season=1}
Notify XBMC: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
Done ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ
Even when I remove the article and manually renamed the file "Fear Walking Dead - S01E01.mkv", it still identified as "The Walking Dead".
rednoah
The Source

Re: "Fear the Walking Dead" getting mis-identified

Post by rednoah »

The name is too similar, and "Fear Walking Dead" doesn't have enough ratings / popular enough.

Please go to TheTVDB and give "Fear Walking Dead" a positive ratings. FileBot will consider it a reasonable options once it has a few more votes.

Please see the Advanced Fine-Tuning section on how to add additional rules. Depending on your setup the "Aired this week" filter from the example might work for you.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
zang

Post by zang »

As many of us use Filebot in automated workflows, is there any chance a "prefer recent" toggle could be added to FB? 90% of what I get comes in the day of or the day after it airs. The problem with using the filters is that I don't always download new stuff, so 10% is going to get misidentified (if identified at all). A fuzzier "prefer recent" response when it comes to multiple identification seems like it would be a (mostly) better solution when it for issues like this.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

"Prefer Recent" has been implemented many years ago. But "Prefer Popular" trumps it, because there were issues with lots of shitty shows nobody know that have the same name as older much more popular shows.

You can adjust --filter to what works best for you. For example you could have a filter that only applies itself if a certain label is passed, or not passed. This way automated weekly downloads get their own labels automatically, so you get full automation.

You could also have a filter that only applies itself if a new episode has been released within the last few days, and otherwise acts as if there is no filter.
Ryster

Post by Ryster »

Hi. I too just encountered this problem. Looks like my groovy script has replaced S01E01 of The Walking Dead in my library with the new show.

28/08/2015 
17:20
Processing \\odin\downloads\Automatic-Processing\Fear.The.Walking.Dead.S01E01.720p.HDTV.x264-KILLERS[rarbg]
Auto-detected query: [Fear, Fear The Walking Dead, The Walking Dead]
Fetching episode data for [Fear Factor]
Fetching episode data for [Fear Itself]
Fetching episode data for [Fear Clinic]
Fetching episode data for [Fear Factor (UK)]
Fetching episode data for [Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi]
Fetching episode data for [Talking Dead]
[MOVE] Rename [\\odin\downloads\Automatic-Processing\Fear.The.Walking.Dead.S01E01.720p.HDTV.x264-KILLERS[rarbg]\Fear.The.Walking.Dead.S01E01.720p.HDTV.x264-KILLERS.mkv] to [\\odin\TV\The Walking Dead\Season 1\The Walking Dead - 1x01 - Days Gone Bye.mkv]
Processed 1 files
Done ?(?????)?
It would be nice if filebot could realise that S01E01 of The Walking Dead was released years ago, so this brand new download was for the new show instead. Now I've got to dig S01E01 of the walking dead out of my backup drive and restore it, then rename this thing. I'll look into fine tuning the script, though I'll be the first to admit I'm not overly familiar with scripting, I just copied my script from a friend and changed some paths ;)
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Don't specify --conflict override if you prefer --conflict skip behaviour.

You may also want to read the Advanced Fine-Tuning section if you want to improve auto-detection for your specific setup.
pyamc

Post by pyamc »

Hi rednoah,

First I want to say that I thoroughly enjoy FileBot. Awesome project!

Now, I have been head banging a little and I can't seem to convince (force) FileBot to fetch data for a specific series.
I have done some digging up and for me this issue (if it is one) is more generic and I'm not aiming for a solution for a specific show.
Here is my command line:

"c:\Program Files\FileBot\filebot.exe"-rename Fear.The.Walking.Dead.S01E01.720p.HDTV.x264-KILLERS.srt --db thetvdb -non-strict --q "fear the walking dead" --format "..."
I trimmed the format since it is very long and irrelevant.
The problem is that the episode is still renamed according to FileBot's internal choice.
Console output:

[MOVE] Rename [M:\Series\Fear.The.Walking.Dead.S01E01.720p.HDTV.x264-KILLERS.srt] to [M:\Series\T
he Walking Dead\S01\The.Walking.Dead.S01E01.Days.Gone.Bye.720p.HDTV.x264-KILLERS.srt]
Processed 1 files
Done ?(?????)?

Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM warning: TieredCompilation is disabled in this release.
Now, I've been searching the forum and the code and from what I could find I have two options:
  • Use --q to force a show
  • Use --filter to override FileBot matches
For my purpose option #2 won't do since I'm looking for a generic use case and exclusions would work in a specific case. As per the example above.
I'm using my own AMC which builds the command line for FileBot so in my case I have the knowledge of what series it is and I don't need further detection logic.
Can you provide some clarification if at this point it can be accomplished through command line arguments (only)?
I would (humbly) suggest that in the case of --q switch the operation should be: Complete the request or abort if you can't.
I can see in the console output that FileBot did extract data for the correct show but it keeps choosing the other one.
For us, command line junkies, it is very frustrating.

Thanks.
garyleecn
Donor

Post by garyleecn »

remember i have seen a post asking if filebot can fetch series based on destination folders.. can't remember how it worked
pyamc

Post by pyamc »

The destination folder is determined by FileBot, so that's kind of a chicken-and-egg thing.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

There's no need to add --q "Fear the Walking Dead" because it's already considering Fear the Walking Dead (among others) and then you need --filter to narrow down everything but that one show.

--q expands, --filter narrows down.

e.g.

filebot --action test -rename Fear.The.Walking.Dead.S01E01.avi --db thetvdb -non-strict --q "fear the walking dead" --filter "n =~ /Fear the Walking Dead/"

Apply Filter: {n =~ /Fear the Walking Dead/}
Include [Fear the Walking Dead - 1x01 - Pilot]
Include [Fear the Walking Dead - 1x02 - So Close, Yet So Far]
Include [Fear the Walking Dead - 1x03 - The Dog]
Include [Fear the Walking Dead - 1x04 - Not Fade Away]
Include [Fear the Walking Dead - 1x05 - Cobalt]
Include [Fear the Walking Dead - 1x06 - The Good Man]
[TEST] Rename [/Users/reinhard/Development/test/AMC-TEST/Fear.The.Walking.Dead.S01E01.avi] to [Fear the Walking Dead - 1x01 - Pilot.avi]
Processed 1 files
Done ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ

To understand --filter just see how these work:

filebot -rename Fear.The.Walking.Dead.S01E01.avi -non-strict --filter "n =~ /Fear/"

filebot -rename Fear.The.Walking.Dead.S01E01.avi -non-strict --filter "age < 30"
pyamc

Post by pyamc »

Yep, that worked.
Considering the generic use case, in which I don't want to keep specific filters per TV Show, the resulting command line is:

"c:\Program Files\FileBot\filebot.exe" -rename Fear.The.Walking.Dead.S01E01.720p.HDTV.x264-KILLERS.he.srt --db thetvdb -non-strict --q "fear the walking dead" --filter "n =~ /(?i)fear the walking dead/" --format "..."
So, as you suggested:
  • --q is required since without it FileBot is not considering the necessary TV Show, in any case I guess it can't hurt, right?
  • --filter is required to narrow down the choices to the correct one
  • -non-strict is required to choose from multiple choices (by FileBot)

This would work with my AMC since I'm providing the TV Show name for FileBot as it is so I'll simply add the filter argument. --filter will make sure that the action will fail if no (specific) match is found so files won't be moved to unexpected locations.

Now I'm happy.
I would still consider simplifying this approach (combining the use of --q and --filter to a single argument for this use case) but hey, I'm happy with your help.

Thanks.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Yep, you pretty much got how it works now. In that case you don't need --q in since it's in the filename, but if you already know the name, using --q is recommended because it'll avoid a few of the unnecessary searches/lookups for "Fear ..." related shows.
Ryster

Post by Ryster »

Sorry for being dense and not really understanding this, but can you please suggest a change in command line, or groovy script in my specific instance? Any assistance to stop Fear the Walking Dead being detected as The Walking Dead would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Here's the batch file that gets executed on my server once and hour:

@echo off
echo. >>c:\filebotautomate.log
echo. >>c:\filebotautomate.log
date /T  >>c:\filebotautomate.log
time /T  >>c:\filebotautomate.log

rename \\odin\downloads\Automatic-ToProcess Automatic-Processing
md "\\odin\downloads\Automatic-ToProcess"

"C:\Program Files\FileBot\filebot.exe" -script c:\filebot_script.groovy -non-strict >>c:\filebotautomate.log
xcopy "\\odin\downloads\Automatic-Processing" "\\odin\downloads\Automatic-Trash" /Y /S
rd /S /Q "\\odin\downloads\Automatic-Processing"
and here's the groovy script it refers to:

// PERSONALIZED SETTINGS
def episodeDir    = "//odin/downloads/Automatic-Processing"
def episodeFormat = "//odin/TV/{n.replace('.', '.')}/Season {s}/{n.replace('.', '.')} - {sxe} - {t}"

// ignore chunk, part, par and hidden files
def incomplete(f) { f.name =~ /[.]incomplete|[.]chunk|[.]par$|[.]dat$/ || f.isHidden() }

//Remove Sample Video

def selection = new File(episodeDir).getFiles{ (it.name =~ "sample" || it.name =~ "Sample") && it.length() < 75 * 1024 * 1024}
  selection.each{ println "Deleting Sample from $it" }
  selection*.delete()

// extract completed multi-volume rar files
new File(episodeDir).getFolders{ !it.hasFile{ incomplete(it) } && it.hasFile{ it =~ /[.]rar$/ } }.each{ dir ->
	// extract all archives found in this folder
	def paths = extract(folder:dir)

// delete original archive volumes after successful extraction
	if (paths != null && !paths.isEmpty()) {
		dir.listFiles{ it =~ /[.]rar$|[.]r[\d]+$/ }*.delete()
	}
}

// Fetch info and sort into folders

new File(episodeDir).getFolders{ !it.hasFile{ incomplete(it) } && it.hasFile{ it.isVideo() } }.each{ dir ->
	println "Processing $dir"
	def files = dir.listFiles{ it.isVideo() }

// sort episodes / subtitles
	rename(file:files, db:'TheTVDB', format:episodeFormat)
}
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

I don't support custom scripts, but the --filter solution should still work depending on your exact use-case.

@see viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2929#p16548
davveh

Post by davveh »

rednoah wrote:The name is too similar, and "Fear Walking Dead" doesn't have enough ratings / popular enough.

Please go to TheTVDB and give "Fear Walking Dead" a positive ratings. FileBot will consider it a reasonable options once it has a few more votes.

Please see the Advanced Fine-Tuning section on how to add additional rules. Depending on your setup the "Aired this week" filter from the example might work for you.
how popular does it need to be? Still having problems with this show. I dont even understand how to use the filters that has been discussed in the thread. Thanks for a great app!
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

As it turns out low Popularity score didn't fix anything. The next problem was that there's a release-group called FEAR ... so FileBot thought [FEAR] The Walking Dead. That RG name has since been removed. It might just work now.

Please read this thread to learn more about how to use --filter => viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2977
davveh

Post by davveh »

rednoah wrote:As it turns out low Popularity score didn't fix anything. The next problem was that there's a release-group called FEAR ... so FileBot thought [FEAR] The Walking Dead. That RG name has since been removed. It might just work now.

Please read this thread to learn more about how to use --filter => viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2977
All this is problably a good solution if you understand how to use filters(still dont get it really, many nice filters can probably be added but I "fetch" all types of movies/tv-shows, dont want to filter away much at all) and if you use uTorrent which everyone isnt(for the utlabels)

Dilemma yes, guess I gotta do it manually for fear the walking dead :)
davveh

Post by davveh »

This seems to be OK now. Identified correctly today without any filters and mambojambo-voodoo :)