have filebot to search specific type (movie/tv) only

Any questions? Need some help?
garyleecn
Donor

have filebot to search specific type (movie/tv) only

Post by garyleecn »

i have sabnzbd (btw, way better than torrenting, you guys should try it) set to download tv episodes and movies to two different folders (/completed/tvs and /completed/movies). so right now I'm running amc script on /completed/ folder, but sometimes filebot mis-identifies a movie as a series (e.g., it just recognized the movie hurry potter as the series hurry, which i've never heard of), and sometime the other way around.

so, is it possible to have two different filebot scripts running on the two folders. for example, the one running on /completed/tvs will recognize everything it reads as series, and search on tvdb only, and at the same time the other script reads everything as movie and search imdb or whatever only. so it will not mess up.

btw, i think i used to have filebot set up this way before i found amc script, but just could find the sample script anymore.
rednoah
The Source

Re: have filebot to search specific type (movie/tv) only

Post by rednoah »

Ideally you'd pass in "tv" or "movie" via --def ut_label.

Though if there is any folder called "TV Series" or "Movies" in the file path then this will also automatically force series/movie mode. So I think you just need to name your destination folders correctly.

"tvs" doesn't force series mode, but "movies" does, so the issue you describe couldn't have happened in the "movies" folder. Logs?
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
garyleecn
Donor

Post by garyleecn »

rednoah wrote:Ideally you'd pass in "tv" or "movie" via --def ut_label.

Though if there is any folder called "TV Series" or "Movies" in the file path then this will also automatically force series/movie mode. So I think you just need to name your destination folders correctly.

"tvs" doesn't force series mode, but "movies" does, so the issue you describe couldn't have happened in the "movies" folder. Logs?
thanks for the info, as for the log, i just did a reset of my system, so logs are gone. it just happen to like <1% of my media, so not such a big deal

so, you are saying that the exact phrase "TV Series" and "Movies" will force filebot into series/movie mode?
for example, i download tv/movies into /completed/TV Series/ and /completed/Movies/, and sort them into /video/tv/ and /video/movie/, the file structure like this will force filebot into tv/movie mode?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Yes. The default output formats that sort things into TV Series / Movie folders will work especially well as input. No guarantees if you change the formats though. ;)
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
garyleecn
Donor

Post by garyleecn »

rednoah wrote:Yes. The default output formats that sort things into TV Series / Movie folders will work especially well as input. No guarantees if you change the formats though. ;)
have no idea how to verify, but just downloaded the same movie file again, seems to work

thank :)