suball excluded?

Any questions? Need some help?
garyleecn
Donor

suball excluded?

Post by garyleecn »

hey, I'm running a suball script regularly to fetch missing subtitle, and the code is like following

Code: Select all

#!/bin/bash
filebot -script fn:suball /Volumes/Data/Videos/ --def "ignoreTextLanguage=fr|en" subtitles=zho,eng --lang Chinese
but I'm seeing a lot 'exclude: /***'
and i know this is because there are sometimes embedded subtitles in the video files.

so here's my two questions.
1. so my "ignoreTextLanguage=fr|en", is this code correct?
i don't know if i remembered it incorrectly or what, but it seems it's excluding french-sub-only files as well.
2. is there a command to exclude all languages except English, or like Chinese?
this is because sometimes when a video file is downloaded, i don't even know what subtitle is embedded into it, sometimes there are lots of languages i don't even know what it is.....
rednoah
The Source

Re: suball excluded?

Post by rednoah »

Keep in mind...
Manual wrote: :!: If you call this script repeatedly on the same folders or files then you MUST SET --def maxAgeDays to 30 days or less and call it no more than once per day.

All subtitles that contain either "fr" or "en" subtitles, based on a text match. It'll exclude everything from "fr" to "fra" to "Fritz" to "The End". Whatever language tag is encoded into the container.

@see https://github.com/filebot/scripts/blob ... groovy#L40

Why? If you want English then you set ignoreTextLanguage to English so you won't download English subtitles for files that already have English subtitles. Same with every other language. You'd usually set ignoreTextLanguage to all the languages you can already read, so if it's not one of them, it'll download subtitles in your desired language.

btw, this argument does absolutely nothing:

--def subtitles=zho,eng
The suball script is not the amc script.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
garyleecn
Donor

Post by garyleecn »

rednoah wrote:0.
Keep in mind...
Manual wrote: :!: If you call this script repeatedly on the same folders or files then you MUST SET --def maxAgeDays to 30 days or less and call it no more than once per day.

All subtitles that contain either "fr" or "en" subtitles, based on a text match. It'll exclude everything from "fr" to "fra" to "Fritz" to "The End". Whatever language tag is encoded into the container.

@see https://github.com/filebot/scripts/blob ... groovy#L40

Why? If you want English then you set ignoreTextLanguage to English so you won't download English subtitles for files that already have English subtitles. Same with every other language. You'd usually set ignoreTextLanguage to all the languages you can already read, so if it's not one of them, it'll download subtitles in your desired language.

btw, this argument does absolutely nothing:

--def subtitles=zho,eng
The suball script is not the amc script.
0. I'm working on that :)

1. so you are saying the if i use ignore***="AB" it will exclude all languages starting with "AB" and "The AB", or it will exclude titles starting with "AB" and "The AB"

2. so if i wanna download chinese subtitles, and keep downloading unless there is a chinese one, (i.e., ignore all other languages..), i should

ignoreTextLanguage=zh
since i have hazel there automatically renaming ***.zho.srt (filebot name for chinese subs from shooter, thanks btw) to ***.zh.srt (so that plex recognizes it), should i exclude zh or zho?

3. so i just deleted them :)

thanks for advices

btw, i've modified the code as following

#!/bin/bash
filebot -script fn:suball /Volumes/Data/Videos/ --def "ignoreTextLanguage=zh” --lang Chinese
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

It's based on the TextLanguageList MediaInfo value (use MediaInfo to see values for specific files). It has nothing to do with the filename.

I'd use zh because zho contains zh anyway.
garyleecn
Donor

Post by garyleecn »

thanks for your tips, it's working a LOT better now.

just wondering if it's possible to disable opensubtitles for a specific language, e.g., only use shooter for chinese, and only use opensubtitles when searching for english sub?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Have you tried?

--db "射手网"
You can do stuff like:

--db "OpenSubtitles|射手网"
Or any Regular Expression:

--db "O.+S.+"

--db "[^a-z]+"
Meph88
Donor

Post by Meph88 »

2. so if i wanna download chinese subtitles, and keep downloading unless there is a chinese one, (i.e., ignore all other languages..), i should

ignoreTextLanguage=zh
since i have hazel there automatically renaming ***.zho.srt (filebot name for chinese subs from shooter, thanks btw) to ***.zh.srt (so that plex recognizes it), should i exclude zh or zho?
Can you link this hazel renamer?
That would be super useful for my setup.
garyleecn
Donor

Post by garyleecn »

Meph88 wrote:

ignoreTextLanguage=zh
Can you link this hazel renamer?
That would be super useful for my setup.

i use brew cask to install (maybe you should try it as well?)
but I'm sure if you search "hazel mac" on google you'll get what you want
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »