...but that's not what IMDB says!

Any questions? Need some help?
encryptedbytes

...but that's not what IMDB says!

Post by encryptedbytes »

I am using Filebot 3.0 x64 on Windows 7 to rename some movies using IMDB and getting some unexpected results.

Here is the movie format syntax I am using:

Code: Select all

{n} [{y}, {certification}, {info.runtime} min] {genres.take(3)} [{director}] {actors.take(3)}
Looking at the IMDB page for Scent of a Woman (1992), I am epecting the file to be renamed like so:

Scent of a Woman [1992, R, 157 min] [Drama] [Martin Brest] [Al Pacino, Chris O'Donnell, James Rebhorn]

...but instead I am getting:

Scent of a Woman [1992, R, 157 min] [Comedy, Drama] [Martin Brest] [Chris O'Donnell, James Rebhorn, Gabrielle Anwar]

Notice the addition of the Comedy genre. The IMDB page for this movie only lists one genre - Drama. Also notice that Al Pacino is missing. Instead of getting actors #1, 2, and 3, I am getting actors #2, 3, and 4.

I get the same results if I use TMDB. Curiously, the TMDB page for this movie does have the Comedy genre and does not list Al Pacino. It's as if, even though I am selecting IMDB, data is being retrieved from TMDB.

Any idea what's going on here?
~ EncryptedBytes
rednoah
The Source

Re: ...but that's not what IMDB says!

Post by rednoah »

Movie metadata is always retrieved from TMDB since IMDB doesn't have an API. TV Series metadata is always retrieved from TheTVDB for the same reasons.

On a related note, here's how to rip imdb rating from the website:
http://filebot.sourceforge.net/forums/v ... ?f=5&t=302
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
encryptedbytes

Post by encryptedbytes »

rednoah wrote:Movie metadata is always retrieved from TMDB since IMDB doesn't have an API.
If it's not used, why is IMDB a choice?
~ EncryptedBytes
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

IMDB is used for search, so {n} {y} {imdbid} are all based on data scraped from IMDB webpages, basic movie info if you will. But extended {info}, which is only available through TMDB, is retrieved on-demand via the naming scheme.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

:: UPDATE ::

With r1266 I linked the {imdb} binding to omdbapi, newly renamed from imdbapi since that was shutdown by imdb. So with {imdb.actors} and {imdb.genres} you'll get data from OMDb (which in in turn scrapes and caches the IMDb website data).
encryptedbytes

Post by encryptedbytes »

rednoah wrote::: UPDATE ::

With r1266 I linked the {imdb} binding to omdbapi...
/rejoice!

This is giving exactly the results I am looking for, thank you! For anyone else following along, the movie format syntax to use this new change is:

{n} [{y}, {certification}, {info.runtime} min] {imdb.genres.take(3)} [{director}] {imdb.actors.take(3)}
Which yields:

Scent of a Woman [1992, R, 157 min] [Drama] [Martin Brest] [Al Pacino, Chris O'Donnell, James Rebhorn]

...as expected.

<=---=<< is a happy camper :D
~ EncryptedBytes
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Well, that'll work until IMDb sues and shuts down that guy again... hopefully the can't make a case now that it's no longer called "imdb-something".
encryptedbytes

Post by encryptedbytes »

Is it also possible to get the year with {imdb}? I've tried {imdb.y} and {imdb.year}, but those don't work. Also, is there some kind of list of all the expressions that can be used with {imdb}? Basically, I'm trying to get all my metadata from IMDB, which seems more accurate in most cases.
~ EncryptedBytes
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

If you pick IMDb for for search/matching it'll scrape Name/Year from IMDb anyway... but anyway, with {imdb} you can get the release day, and you can get the year from that:

{imdb.released.year}
Just enter {imdb} and it'll show you all properties that you can try. It's based on the tmdb model, so some properties might not be available via the OMDb interface.