Help in deleting Renaming Format scheme

Any questions? Need some help?
Mech_Man

Help in deleting Renaming Format scheme

Post by Mech_Man »

This seems like it will have a really simple answer, but I've tried all I can.

How can you delete an unwanted Renaming Format Scheme?

Deleting the entire contents of the Format Scheme dialog box results in no change.
Any change other than a complete deletion, just creates a new scheme.
Right Clicking does nothing other than bring up a dialog allowing a selection from the Schemes available.
All other keystrokes I've tried (Del key with all variants) don't do anything, or just delete individual characters)

A little help please??
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the Universe together
rednoah
The Source

Re: Help in deleting Renaming Format scheme

Post by rednoah »

Well, there can't be no naming scheme, right? So you mean you want to go back to the default naming scheme? Just click on one of the suggestions.

What's wrong with that one?

Code: Select all

{n} - {s00e00} - {t}
Or that one?

Code: Select all

{n} ({y}){" CD$pi"}
How would you like your episodes and movies to be named?
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Mech_Man

Post by Mech_Man »

Thanks for the fast reply, but you misunderstand.

I have created several customized ReNaming Schemes, some using specific paths so that as a part of the renaming, the files are also relocated.
However, the actual paths were altered and I had to update the ReNaming Schemes to reflect these differences.

My problem is, that while I can create new schemes with the new paths, I can't see how to delete the now-unusable old schemes.

My scheme selection list just keeps on getting more and more, bloated with superseded and unneeded schemes.
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the Universe together
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

It's just a history. It'll remember the last 7 formats you used, that's all. Just add new formats and the old ones will go away.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Mech_Man

Post by Mech_Man »

Thanks, that's the clue I needed to be able to roll the unwanted unusable formats off the history list.