List Tab?

Any questions? Need some help?
ehmtwo

List Tab?

Post by ehmtwo »

Hey there, i happened across this awesome utility, but I'm kinda confused at how to use the list tab. I am guessing it is for listing the contents of a folder, and exporting it to a tab deliniated text file in the format selected in the pattern... ? I'm confused as to how to use it...
rednoah
The Source

Re: List Tab?

Post by rednoah »

There is nothing to it really.

1. You can drop in files, folder, torrents and sfv files to get the content file paths as text. Basically it's a GUI for ls > dir.txt

2. Pattern/Create is for creating linear lists, usually as rename template you'd directly drag over into Rename->New Names.

It's only reason "List" is still here is that I use it to quickly grab filenames and copy them into emails, or when I rename things other than episodes/movies and need linear lists, e.g. photos. Also works great for creating random number lists or GUIDs. There are more specialized tools for these things of course. ;)
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
ehmtwo

Post by ehmtwo »

I see, so you can't actually use it to pull into and add to a list like you would in the rename tab, like the codec, res, and stuff.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Mmhh. That's actually a good idea. Doesn't do any complicated stuff like that now though. GUI for something like that might be nice. But I'd probably use scripting instead anyway.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.