Ambiguous filenames

Any questions? Need some help?
lordCONAN

Ambiguous filenames

Post by lordCONAN »

I just recently realised that filebot is having problems with some of the more ambiguous filenames that the scene is putting out.

If the filenames are made nicely, then filebot finds the info and moves the files to the appropriate directory. However if it's fuzzy logic can't handle the filename, it seems to check the folder it is in, and then moves the file based on that. The problem is a lot of scene releases don't archive the files in folders, so when the file is extracted to my scratch dir, filebot then moves the file calling it "Scratch (2011)"

Here are some examples.

Code: Select all

<sequence date="2012-11-02T22:23:21.401+09:00">
        <rename dir="D:\Scratch\movies" from="Total.Recall.2012.DVDRip.XviD.Lum1x.avi" to="f:\Movies\Total Recall (2012)\Total Recall.avi"/>
    </sequence>
This is a filename that filebot has no problem with, but something like this

<sequence date="2012-11-15T18:13:49.038+09:00">
        <rename dir="D:\Scratch\movies" from="refill.tdkr.720p.avi" to="f:\Movies\Scratch (2001)\Scratch.avi"/>
    </sequence>
which should be The Dark Knight Rises, gets renamed to "Scratch".

Maybe if you could add to the script to create a new folder with the same name as the folder the archive is in and copy the extracted files to that folder .. or maybe you know a better fix.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Ambiguous filenames

Post by rednoah »

Yeah, that one is bad luck, file/folder names don't make sense at all while "Scratch" is a perfect match. If there was a better match in the file/folder name it would of course prefer that.

What script are you using? utorrent-postprocess script should be doing what you suggested, extract everything into a new folder based on the archive name (default behaviour unless overriden via output parameter):

extract(..., output: null, ...)
Updated the query-blacklist, so by tomorrow "Scratch" will be considered noise just as "Movies" is.
http://filebot.sourceforge.net/forums/v ... 2477#p2477
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
lordCONAN

Post by lordCONAN »

Yeah, I am overriding the output parameter, so that might be why. At the moment the files just get extracted directly to the output dir I set. We'll see how it goes with scratch blacklisted.

As always, cheers for the help.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Well, for that case it just won't do anyting then since scratch/movie/tdkr all don't make sense.

Why would you not wanna use output:null in your script? That'd force default extract behaviour and not use what you pass in via --output. That'd make everything work.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.