Can't get utorrent Media Center script to work

Any questions? Need some help?
GSala

Can't get utorrent Media Center script to work

Post by GSala »

I have a problem. I had the amazing media center script (Fully Automated Media Center) working perfectly in combination with XBMC in my old pc, but i can't get it to work in my new pc. I type the line in the utorrent configuration as mentioned and changing the output, but nothing happens when the download finishes.
I typed exactly this ( without the *):

Code: Select all

filebot -script fn:utorrent-postprocess --output "C:/Users/******/*****" --action copy --conflict override -non-strict --def subtitles=y artwork=y "ut_dir=%D" "ut_file=%F" "ut_kind=%K" "ut_title=%N" "ut_label=%L" "ut_state=%S"
Nothing seems to work in the command line neither. I tried launching the script locally (maybe i did it wrong, highly probable), but it seems to be that the cmd doesn't understand the command filebot. I tried typing the path to the filebot app instead of filebot but nothing works.
I can't include the cmd output because there isn't. :(

I could use some help.

PD: I'm running windows 8, filebot v3.1, utorrent 3.2.1, java 7 build 9
rednoah
The Source

Re: Can't get utorrent Media Center script to work

Post by rednoah »

There can't be no output. Looks like this right? Right?

Now assuming we get to the cmd prompt. WHAT IS THE OUTPUT?

Output if it works:

C:\Users\reinhard>filebot -version
FileBot 3.1 (r1296) / Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 1.7.0_09
Output if it doesn't work:

C:\Users\reinhard>filebotXYZ
'filebotXYZ' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
Make sure both java and filebot commands work, i.e. are in the %PATH%.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
GSala

Post by GSala »

Srry for the misunderstanding, when i said there was no output i was referring at when i called the script from utorrent. When i call the script in the cmd i get the "is not recognized as an internal .." same message.

("no se reconoce como un comando interno o externo" = is not recognized as an internal ..")

As for java, if y type:

java -help
it does work, but when i try with:

filebot -help
it doesn't.

PD: i didn't understand the last part (%PATH%)

EDIT: Added an screenshot, but it's in spanish
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

filebot is not in the PATH. What is the PATH? It's where the cmd looks for commands.
http://geekswithblogs.net/renso/archive ... ows-7.aspx

The msi installer should set that automatically though so maybe trying to reinstall a few times will do the trick.
GSala

Post by GSala »

I tried with the cmd in admin mode (i feel like i should have done that before) and when i typed the command, worked.

filebot -help

Now that we know that the Path is not the problem, what can i do? or it's the PATH still the problem?

EDIT: I tried to run a single postprocess with admin mode cmd and it worked perfectly as it used to do.

filebot -script fn:utorrent-postprocess --output "C:/Users/***/***/***" --action copy --conflict override -non-strict --def subtitles=y artwork=y "ut_dir=C:/Users/***/***" "ut_file=Family.Guy.S11E05.HDTV.x264-LOL.mp4" "ut_kind=single" "ut_title=Family.Guy.S11E05.HDTV.x264-LOL" "ut_label=tvshow" "ut_state=11"
Now, my question is, how can i force utorrent to use the admin cmd instead of the normal? Any other suggestion will be helpful aswel.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

There's user-level and system-level environment variables. So it's still the PATH. Either run utorrent as admin or fix the PATH for the user running utorrent.
GSala

Post by GSala »

Ok, I ran utorrent as admin and it worked perfectly, I will now try to set the PATH properly.

I'm very thankful to you and your hard work rednoah, and I was amused by the quick answers I got. Thanks.
GSala

Post by GSala »

More questions, i tried editing the path with the instructions of the website you linked but i found out that filebot is already in the path:
Do I have to search another path? Is this the correct path?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Read this:
http://filebot.sourceforge.net/forums/v ... =350#p2555

If you can't manage to setup the PATH you can try calling filebot using the absolute path to filebot.cmd, that can't not work.