Search uses Folder name regardless of file name.

Any questions? Need some help?
tfonias74
Donor

Search uses Folder name regardless of file name.

Post by tfonias74 »

Hello,

When I try to rename files on the root folder of drive it works ok but if put the files to be renamed inside a "TEST" folder the search results are like these:

Test (2013), Test (2014)... etc.

And also if I hold shift to input the name manually it finds the movie but then treats all files inside the folder as the same movie.

Is there a way to change the detection way without moving the files to the root folder?

thanks in advance!
rednoah
The Source

Re: Search uses Folder name regardless of file name.

Post by rednoah »

What are the file paths? I ALWAYS want the file paths. ;)

I'm pretty sure "test" is already blacklisted. So when you say "test" folder, what is the name of that folder? I already know it's not actually "test" since that would work out of the box. ;)

FileBot will ignore any folder name that's already on the list of known "structure root" folder names.

Please read this: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=359
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
tfonias74
Donor

Post by tfonias74 »

Well I didn't know about that list (good to know now :) ) and the folder itself is named +TEST (in order to have it at the top of the list) ;)
So the ^test$ will probably fail since it checks from the beginning of the string. I will make the change to the folder name.

I have made several tests (without changing the folder name yet) and in some cases it shows the correct match (when the file name is exactly correct) and in other cases it uses the folder name as suggestion.
But again when I feed manually a name (holding shift) it uses it for all files that it doesn't ask for.. I mean that in a sample of 6 files, I typed the name of one, it asked for another two (which I skipped) and then used the 1st one that it matched for the other 3 that it didn't ask.. I hope it makes some sense. :?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

FileBot will always consider file and folder names. It's only ever a problem if the bad name is a better match than the good name (e.g. folder name Test perfectly matches movie Test by name). If the file matches both name and year that'll be the winner.

Force Movie / Force Series mode only works for individual files or filesets. It can't and shouldn't be used large numbers of files.

It'll ask for the search query, but there still might be multiple movie options for that. But you know, instead of trying to explain the issue, you could just paste the 6 file paths here. Vague verbal descriptions of problems are usually fairly useless. A simple test case with file paths is much more useful. ;)
tfonias74
Donor

Post by tfonias74 »

Ok understood, I will not bother you because I can work around it with manual name input or substitution.

My issues mostly occur when I try to rename Greek movies. Some times is works with the original title, other times with "World Title" and other times with greek characters substituted with equivalent latin ones. There is no guaranteed method, most times I have to try all of the above.!
But as I said it is not that important :) Thanks
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

You could drop me some of the file paths that cause trouble so I can have a look. Maybe something can be done about that. ;)