Illegal usage: output folder must be separate from input arguments

Any questions? Need some help?
Rick7C2

Illegal usage: output folder must be separate from input arguments

Post by Rick7C2 »

I'm getting this error when running the below command and I can't make sense out of it. What am I doing wrong?

ERROR

Code: Select all

Illegal usage: output folder [/volume1/media/.remote/Media Server/TV Showsnew] must be separate from input arguments [/volume1/media/.remote/Media Server/TV Shows]
Command

filebot -script 'fn:amc' '/volume1/media/.remote/Media Server/TV Shows' --output '/volume1/media/.remote/Media Server/TV Showsnew' --conflict auto --lang en --def 'minLengthMS=0' 'minFileSize=0' 'ut_label=tv' 'music=y' 'artwork=y' 'clean=y' 'deleteAfterExtract=y' 'seriesFormat={n}/{episode.special ? '\''Special'\'' : '\''Season '\''+s.pad(2)}/{n} - {episode.special ? '\''S00E'\''+special.pad(2) : s00e00} - {airdate} - {t} ({any{fn.match(/720[pP]|1080[pP]|2160[pP]/)}{vf}} {any{source}{'\''Unknown'\''}})' 'movieFormat={n.replaceFirst(/^(?i)(The|A|An)\s(.+)/, /$2, $1/)} [{y}] [{any{certification}{'\''Unknown Rating'\''}}] {genres} [{imdbid}]/{ny} ({any{fn.match(/720[pP]|1080[pP]|2160[pP]/)}{vf}}, {any{source}{'\''Unknown'\''}})' 'exec=mkdir -p "/volume1/media/Media Server/TV Shows/{n}/{episode.special ? '\''Special'\'' : '\''Season '\''+s.pad(2)}/" && echo 'plugin://plugin.video.metalliq/tv/play/{info.id}/{s}/{e}/library' >"/volume1/media/Media Server/TV Shows/{n}/{episode.special ? '\''Special'\'' : '\''Season '\''+s.pad(2)}/{n} - {episode.special ? '\''S00E'\''+special.pad(2) : s00e00} - {airdate} - {t}.strm"' --log all
rednoah
The Source

Re: Illegal usage: output folder must be separate from input arguments

Post by rednoah »

Do:

--output '/volume1/media/.remote/Media Server/Media'
:!: Don't forget about using --def excludeList when running things in an automated setup.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Rick7C2

Post by Rick7C2 »

rednoah wrote:Do:

--output '/volume1/media/.remote/Media Server/Media'
:!: Don't forget about using --def excludeList when running things in an automated setup.

That worked but I don't understand why?

Yes my automated setup uses the excludelist. This is just a one time run to rename all current media to my new naming scheme and to create .strm files for use in kodi.

Thanks!
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

.../TV Showsnew starts with .../TV Shows and the sanity check (incorrectly) hits this corner case.

If you know that you're dealing with TV Shows, then adding --def ut_label=Series is considered best practice.

Your --def exec could be a lot more concise if you were to use the destination file path binding {f} instead of recreating your format twice. ;)

e.g. take the last 3 components of the destination path:

--def exec="echo '{f[-3..-1]}'"
Rick7C2

Post by Rick7C2 »

1. Ahh Ok, That makes sense now.

2. Ok I will change it though ut_label=tv seems to be working as expected. Also I would like to note that ut_label=tv came from the command filebot-node for my synology generated.

3. Cool! I will be implementing that.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

The series|tv|tv.show|etc is all the same. The amc scripts tries to pick up all the labels that are commonly used by auto-downloaders.

Sharing is caring. ;)