Need help with utorrent script output file

Any questions? Need some help?
nzdreamer55

Need help with utorrent script output file

Post by nzdreamer55 »

Hello everyone. I have finally got filebot installed correctly (not the developers fault, but mine) and was able to test it out to run the utorrent script as a standalone script. I need to understand a little more about what is happening and tweak it a little.

My current storage system where I store my TV shows from the net are in the following structure

\\TITANSERVER\3media.2tb\TV Shows 1\

Then there is a specific folder for each show and within each show folder a season folder.

So it might look like this

\\TITANSERVER\3media.2tb\TV Shows 1\Parks and Recreation\Parks and Recreation Season 02\

This is how I want the final shows filed after working through the utorrent script.

To test it out and see how it would work, I place season 05 into a folder called PAR. This folder contained shows at .mkv and .avi and as .rar packages. I wanted to really see if filebot would handle it (yes it was great)!

From the CMD prompt on a computer that had filebot and was networked to where the files are stored (my titanserver) I did the following:

filebot -script fn:utorrent-postprocess "\\TITANSERVER\3media.2tb\TV Shows 1\Parks and Recreation\PAR" --output "\\TITANSERVER\3media.2tb\TV Shows 1\Parks and Recreation" --action copy --conflict skip -non-strict

First it went to work, unrared all the files and get them named correctly. Things were great.

My problem is that it put the files into this directory which was created by filebot

\\TITANSERVER\3media.2tb\TV Shows 1\Parks and Recreation\TV Shows\Parks and Recreation\Season 5

Could someone take a look at this and tell me how I can change my output directory so that these files will land in the directory that I was expecting

\\TITANSERVER\3media.2tb\TV Shows 1\Parks and Recreation

Thanks a lot and am looking forward to using filebot successively.

-S
rednoah
The Source

Re: Need help with utorrent script output file

Post by rednoah »

Check the "Customize Paths" section in the utorrent script docs and then there's more info about the path format expressions on the website.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
nzdreamer55

Re: Need help with utorrent script output file

Post by nzdreamer55 »

Thanks for the help. So I read the following under the "Customize Paths"

I think that I am suppose to use this
--def "seriesFormat=TV/{n}/{fn}"

This is kind of what I want for the output
\\TITANSERVER\3media.2tb\TV Shows 1\{n}\{n} Season {s.pad(2)}\{n}.{s00e00}.{t}

Is this how it should look?

filebot -script fn:utorrent-postprocess "\\TITANSERVER\3media.2tb\TV Shows 1\Parks and Recreation\PAR" --def "seriesFormat=\\TITANSERVER\3media.2tb\TV Shows 1\{n}\{n} Season {s.pad(2)}\{n}.{s00e00}.{t}" --action copy --conflict skip -non-strict

Thanks
-S