Noob - Movie and Tv show different locations renaming

Any questions? Need some help?
Psydesign

Noob - Movie and Tv show different locations renaming

Post by Psydesign »

ok guys please help as i can seem to figure it out.

i use Qbittorrent and after a download completes i would like it to do the following using filebot once download has been completed.
1.rename and move not copy to the correct location for movies tv shows and music (locations for each below)
2. once move has completed to the correct location tell plex to check for library updates

So my completed downloads all go to: C:\Media\Completed once the download has completedi would like filebot to run and rename and move TV series to F:\Series\TV Shows and movies to G:\Movies and if possible music to G:\Music after this has been run i would like it to tell plex to check for library updates.

Can you please provide me with what i would tell qbit torrent to do once a file has downloaded to achieve this?

i would like movies to be named as title and year.
Tv Series as name of show season and episode
rednoah
The Source

Re: Noob - Movie and Tv show different locations renaming

Post by rednoah »

This should be all you need:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=215#p9774

:idea: Basic command-line skills will be a big plus though, so that you understand what's going on.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Psydesign

Post by Psydesign »

Thanks for the Response @rednoah i have since tried for ages and then changed over to utorrent lol.
so far i am running this:

filebot.launcher.exe -script fn:amc --output "C:/Media/Completed/New folder/" --log-file amc.log --action move --conflict override -non-strict --def "seriesFormat=F:/Series/TV Shows/{n}/{'Season '+s}/{n} - {s00e00} - {t}" "movieFormat=G:/Movies/{n} {y}/{fn}" music=n subtitles=en artwork=n backdrops=n clean=y plex=127.0.0.1:32400 "ut_label=%L" "ut_state=%S" "ut_title=%N" "ut_kind=%K" "ut_file=%F" "ut_dir=%D"

It seems to move the file and place them in the correct folders and name the folders correctly however it doesnt seem to rename the actual file in the final location.

Any tips for this?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

From the manual:
rednoah wrote:Make sure that you understand how format expressions work, and what bindings like {n} or {fn} mean.
:idea: What does {fn} mean?

Always prefer simple solutions over complex solutions you don't fully understand. ;)

e.g.

Code: Select all

--def "seriesFormat=F:/{plex}" "movieFormat=G:/{plex}"
Psydesign

Post by Psydesign »

Thanks but i still cant get it to work its not even moving the files now :(

Back with qbittorrent running the following after a download finishes

"C:/Program Files/FileBot/filebot.launcher.exe" -script fn:amc --output "C:/New folder" --action move --conflict skip -non-strict --log-file amc.log --def excludeList=amc.excludes --def "seriesFormat=F:/Series/TV Shows/{n}/{'S'+s}/" "animeFormat=G:/Anime/{n}/" "movieFormat=G:/Movies/{n} {y}/" "musicFormat=G:/Music/{n}/"

qbit torrent keeps incomplete torrents in: C:\Media\Downloading\
completed torrents in: C:\Media\Completed\

i want to be able to use only qbit torrent to download my movies, tv shows and movies then filebot to automatically rename and move them to the following once they have downloaded:

Tv shows: F:/Series/TV Shows
Movies: G:/Movies
Music: G:/Music

as you can tell i have zero knowledge on scripting. please could you change my script so it runs?
Psydesign

Post by Psydesign »

rednoah?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

What does the log say?