For Windows 7 Compatible Build I Am Willing To Donate Full Windows Store License Fee To Dev's PayPal Account

Any questions? Need some help?
tekknokat
Donor

For Windows 7 Compatible Build I Am Willing To Donate Full Windows Store License Fee To Dev's PayPal Account

Post by tekknokat »

I see at the SourceForge development website there are posted legacy versions of FileBot. I have a large collection of TV Shows, Movies, and Music on several multi-Terabyte network attached storage hard disks that I am importing to a Kodi library, and I need to rename them so that Trakt and TVMb, can identify and name them as they should be in the Kodi library, fanart added as processed into the library, and then catalogued as watched, and rated as I watch them, and FileBot looks like the answer to my prayers. I just hate that I see it appears to be only compatible with Windows 10 in the Microsoft Store. I tried Windows 10 and prefer my Windows 7 still much better. I could have upgraded to Windows 10, but elected not to because of how much I prefer the Windows 7 GUI and features.

If the legacy versions of FileBot will still work with Windows 7, and one of the more seasoned members in this forum may point me to which version I should install that is Windows 7 compatible, I will gladly donate the Microsoft Store license fee to PayPal account of the developer here at FileBot who put in the time to develop this headache cure, I think $20 U.S. is fair to pay to be able to have my TV episodes named with fanart in Kodi media center, and I live on Social Security Disability Income, I really don't understand people from developed countries who are too cheap to pay anything for what they get for very little money (or free) on the internet, compared to what we pay the cable providers and telcos. For the past 15 years I have payed Xfinity (Comcast) $220 a month for internet and television with premium channels [145+ HD since 2012], modem/router ethernet/wifi rental (grew from 1.5Mbps to 200Mbps download speeds), DVR rental (grew from record 3 to watch 1 SD, to record 4 watch 1 1080i HD, to record 5 watch 1 1080p HD), On Demand, and 5 Premium Movie Channels (HBO, Showtime, Starz, Encore, The Movie Chennel, each with their complimentary channels), as well as a VoIP phone that I never used, but bundled with my package to keep the price from going up even further. In forums I frequently read comments from users of apps and services designed to offer what corporations charge a premium for, charging next to nothing or free, and they balk at paying a mere percentage of what they would pay the big monopolies to deliver them a fraction of what they get from developers who deliver content, apps, and services as a hobby pretty much. And these hobbyist developers give us so much more sometimes I think. Especially more control over what and how we get it.

Here's hoping. I will be so grateful to the person who can point me in the right direction. I think it is premature to exclude Windows 7 when so many people are still electing to stay with Windows 7 and 8 operating systems. I for one, was impressed that Windows 7 had the transparencies in the folders, start menu, and task bar views. This was able to be added to many applications I add to my GUI, such as True Launch Bar (desktop shortcut replacement app launcher), WinStep (desktop widget tools with themes and wallpapers, a few transparent themes for Windows 7), even apps we take for granted like Chrome browser and Word have a transparent frame around their interface. I hate that because Microsoft decided that was too resource intensive for a few machines, they did away with it altogether. Transparent theming was very simple to turn off for a more resource conservative white or colors interface, and with a good desktop computer a GPU and RAM modules can be upgraded, as well as the CPU and power supply attached to the mother board. Windows 7 is a great operating system for home or office users who aren't limited to the resources in their laptop or notebook, and are willing to upgrade the power of their machine as their budget allows them to. I believe that Microsoft thinks it's users are too stupid to make choices, and they develop their products each release chain in it's evolution with fewer and fewer choices than the release before it.

Sorry I got off topic, I just hate to be left out of this great looking tool because I am not ready for Windows 10 yet. Is there hope here with Windows 7? I will gladly donate.
rednoah
The Source

Re: For Windows 7 Compatible Build I Am Willing To Donate Full Windows Store License Fee To Dev's PayPal Account

Post by rednoah »

Windows 10 does indeed look like they're channeling the ghost of Windows 3.11 ... :lol:

The FileBot legacy packages should work for now. They'll really annoy you with frequent donation reminders though. ;)

Here's a link for the latest 64-bit Windows legacy installer:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/filebo ... .9_x64.msi
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
tekknokat
Donor

Re: For Windows 7 Compatible Build I Am Willing To Donate Full Windows Store License Fee To Dev's PayPal Account

Post by tekknokat »

Thank you RedNoah, I see you are very active in this forum. Did you develop this? Thank you for the link.

After making that paypal donation, can you make a key to stop those "annoying reminders?" or does only the Microsoft Store have the ability to make those? Well l am not a developer, I don't know how to code so that's why I ask questions like that.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Pretty much.

Unfortunately, there are no settings that would allow you to disable the donation reminders. But they only show up when you close FileBot, so it's probably not a big issue if you process many files in one go. You can just click it away.
tekknokat
Donor

Post by tekknokat »

hey... Mr. Rednoah,

FileBot does the trick. And it is pretty easy to learn, I watched a couple videos on YouTube, but I think I could have figured it out had the videos not been there, I have learned much more difficult applications without having any videos to look at, or unaware if there were any videos. Thank you. Look in your PayPal for an account beginning with pnathan7. What country do you live in? I noticed your account was in € Euros. With Brexit, I figured most Brits would be using £ British Pounds, maybe that's not a fair assumption to make. I don't know why I would think that. I am sure something prompted that notion, just can't recall what. I take a lot of pain medication these days, and medication for a lot of other things, and a couple of them have a very adverse effect on my brain's ability to form new memories, and short term memory. My vocabulary shrinks rapidly, as does my once fairly decent ability to write, a little. I just recently viewed television episodes I watched in 2015, after an 11 month period of being in a homeless shelter while I looked for affordable housing in my Community's rapidly expanding population of drug seeking wanderers, as my locality legalized recreational drugs in 2011 or 2012, and our economy is booming, construction is expanding rapidly, and people getting HUD funding for Section 8 housing are temporarily experiencing displacement in my community. I am trying to catch up on a lot of missed television. This ties in with the memory thing, because I recently watched many episodes of television that I watched in 2014 or 2015, and it was if I was watching them for the very first time. But I can remember programs and series I viewed as far back as the 90s and 00s with much more clarity, gapapentin for nerve pain has had the most detrimental effect on my memory, I recommend if one need not take it, they do not. I sometimes see my case workers in public assistance offices, or medical practice I haven't seen for a few months to a year, and it is as though seeing them for the very first time. Facial recognition is very tied into the neurotransmitter GABA, and GABA is very important for sedation, relaxation, and the formation of memory, if memory serves. AAHhh if only I could store it all on silicon, and do regular backups, locally and in the cloud. Google Drive cannot assist me with this issue, I'm afraid.

I just returned from browsing another part of the forum, and realized that it says "The Source" under your name, so that answers my question that you are the developer... duh. Ummm... is your avatar a fictional or extinct bird? It sure doesn't look like anything I have seen in a zoo, but I am 2 years shy of 50 y/o, compared to you I am a geezer, and I can't see as well as I used to. I tried to zoom in, but the image is too small, and I could just make out penguin body and feet, almost bat wings, but a long duck neck? Am I blind or seeing things, or is that an evolutionary wish that Darwin could only imagine? Anyway, the Tapei explains the currency thing, sort of, I guess you don't want donations in yuan or New Taiwan dollars? That could possibly get confusing. I didn't know where Taipei was, I had to look it up, and then I saw cool photos of that Taipei World Financial Center, and read about it's construction, architecture, and relevance on Wikipedia. . . . neat stuff

and Thank You, FileBot is helpful
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Your writing ability seems to be doing just fine! My PayPal account is indeed registered in the Euro zone but I currently live in Taiwan. Unfortunately, I am the sole developer of FileBot and the lone ranger keeping the forums in check here.

That avatar just happens to be a remnant of times when I still had time to play video games:
http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Caineghis