How to rename Bluray and DVD folders/ISOs?

Any questions? Need some help?
dikkiedirk

How to rename Bluray and DVD folders/ISOs?

Post by dikkiedirk »

I have my Blurays and DVDs stored on my server. Every title has its own folder. Like this:

/Bluray/Title1/title.iso
---------/Title2/BDMV

As you can see Blurays and DVDs are either stored as ISO or folderstructure.

What is the best way to drag them in filebot?

When I use SHIFT-CONTROL-select and drag them they appear as folder in filebot. When I click match it take a very long time before the renamed folder appears in the right window. Even when I drag just 1 title.
When I just select a title and drag it, it appears as folder in the left window when it is a folder structure. When it contains an ISO it appears as iso.

So the best way seems to be the first. Then all titles appear as a folder but renaming is painfully slow.

With mkvs it works great but renaming blurays takes too much time this way. It looks like all folders are being scanned.
rednoah
The Source

Re: How to rename Bluray and DVD folders/ISOs?

Post by rednoah »

Has to look exactly like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... 4Uqo#t=15s

It must say Folder next to the file entry. Folders with VIDEO_TS, BDMV, etc will be auto-detect as disk folder. For .ISO files in folders you'll need to use the Link-Drop trick. On Windows that's SHIFT-CONTROL-Drop but it may be different on Mac or Linux. Works nice and fast for me here.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
dikkiedirk

Post by dikkiedirk »

I tried link-drop on 3 different bluray rips.

1 was holding an ISO took few seconds
1 was holding a BDMV folder with total of <50 folders/files took over a minute.
1 was holding a BDMV folder with total of >1500 folders/files took over 10 minutes.

I also tried a nested bluray folder structure bluray/folder/folder/BDMW. This one took over 15 minutes.

Is filebot scanning al folders/files inside a bluray folder structure? Can this behaviour be controlled?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Huh, never tried that usecase. Why would a BDMV folder contain so many files? I'm pretty sure there's no network requests but it might be looking for .nfo files and stuff inside the BDMV folder to help identify the movie.

EDIT:
I tried this with my testdata folder that contains thousands of dummy files. It did take all the imdb/tmdb ids from any .nfo files in that folder, resolved the id against the online database. I'm pretty sure normal BDMV folder don't contain .nfo files so that's a non-issue.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.