Mass Sorting

Any questions? Need some help?
Krutonium

Mass Sorting

Post by Krutonium »

So I have a large library (Nearing 3TB) of TV shows. I want to properly sort them for Plex. I can not seem to find any examples or anything that would allow me to easily tell FileBot to take my input directory (/mnt/media/TV Shows) and sort them into new folders with new names, ready for Plex. Of note, this is a Headless Ubuntu 16.04 Server, so no GUI is available. I am connecting via SSH.

Any and all help would be appreciated!
rednoah
The Source

Re: Mass Sorting

Post by rednoah »

What have you tried? This is pretty much exactly what FileBot does by default.

For most users, a simple amc script call should do the job, but if you have a large number of files, it's probably best to experiment on a small subset first with test mode.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Krutonium

Post by Krutonium »

This amc script-
```

Code: Select all

filebot -script fn:amc --output "X:/Media" --action copy --conflict skip -non-strict --log-file amc.log --def unsorted=y music=y artwork=y "ut_label=%L" "ut_state=%S" "ut_title=%N" "ut_kind=%K" "ut_file=%F" "ut_dir=%D"
```
Lets say I modify it to fit my system-
```

filebot -script fn:amc --output "/mnt/media/TV Shows" --action move --conflict skip -non-strict --log-file amc.log --def unsorted=y music=n artwork=n clean=y plex=127.0.0.1:<token> seriesFormat="/mnt/media/TV Shows/{plex}"ut_dir=/mnt/media/TV Shows"
```

Have I got this right?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

I'd start with the command-line usage:

filebot -script fn:amc --output "/path/to/output" --action copy -non-strict "/path/to/input" --log-file amc.log --def excludeList=amc.txt
e.g. organize existing files into a clean new structure:

filebot -script fn:amc "/mnt/media/TV Shows" --output "/mnt/media/Plex" -non-strict --action TEST
Krutonium

Post by Krutonium »

Skip small video file: /mnt/media/TV Shows/Digimon/Digimon Adventures_Season 1-atik0786 Silver RG/34 The Eighth Child Revealed-atik0786 Silver RG.mkv
Skip small video file: /mnt/media/TV Shows/Digimon/Digimon Adventures_Season 1-atik0786 Silver RG/35 Flower Power-atik0786 Silver RG.mkv
Skip small video file: /mnt/media/TV Shows/Digimon/Digimon Adventures_Season 1-atik0786 Silver RG/36 City Under Siege-atik0786 Silver RG.mkv
Skip small video file: /mnt/media/TV Shows/Digimon/Digimon Adventures_Season 1-atik0786 Silver RG/37 Wizardmon's Gift-atik0786 Silver RG.mkv
Skip small video file: /mnt/media/TV Shows/Digimon/Digimon Adventures_Season 1-atik0786 Silver RG/38 Prophecy-atik0786 Silver RG.mkv
How would I tell it to *not* skip the entirety of Digimon? (And some episodes of Castle, etc)

(I am using your test example)
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

You can use the --def minFileSize option. Please read the amc script manual for details.