Ubuntu & Windows single purchase?

Any questions? Need some help?
jserio

Ubuntu & Windows single purchase?

Post by jserio »

I've been an avid Filebot user for a few years now and finally decided to purchase a license. Currently, I run it on Windows 10 with my Plex server but lately I've decided to give Ubuntu a try so I plan to buy Filebot from the Ubuntu store. My question is, if I decide to go back to Windows, will the license carry over?

Thanks again for a great product!
rednoah
The Source

Re: Ubuntu & Windows single purchase?

Post by rednoah »

The Windows Store license is stored with Microsoft. You will not be able to transfer the license to Mac or Ubuntu.

:idea: App developers have no idea who purchases their software. Just total sales number per region.

:idea: The Ubuntu Store doesn't support paid software anymore anyway, so this thread is moot for the foreseeable future. You can't purchase FileBot on the Ubuntu Store even if you try really hard. ;)
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
jserio

Post by jserio »

OK... I see what you mean. So, just to clarify, is there no longer an updated version for Ubuntu? I'm still using the old Windows standalone (4.7.9)? I'd like to be able to support you and receive updates, but if, as you say, it's no longer on Ubuntu (or updates) then I guess my only option is the Windows store version (which I prefer not to use). Any chance I can make a donation for the same price and continue to use the standalone?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Development efforts focus on the Windows and Mac versions. The generic Linux packages are updated regularly and I use the latest revision for testing on Linux machines using the portable update feature.

@see https://github.com/filebot/plugins/blob ... ortable.sh

The Ubuntu Store package and *.deb packages are not updated as regularly and I'll probably only publish major stable releases (1-2 per year).
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.