Renaming multipart movie works only with "fake" files

Any questions? Need some help?
ProXy

Renaming multipart movie works only with "fake" files

Post by ProXy »

Hey there,

I just had some issues renaming a movie which is splitted into two files. The names are "huibui cd1.m4v" and "huibui cd2.m4v". Output format is set to {plex}.

When I fetch data from The Movie Db the right movie is found, but both files were renamed to 'Hui Buh, das Schlossgespenst (2006).m4v' without the part. This worked for every other movie, so I decided to tried to find out what's the problem here.

So I created 2 empty files and named them exactly like to original ones. When I want to rename those in FileBot the part is added to the filename. So everyone is working like expected. To check if the file names are really the same I tried to copy them to the same directory and windows wants to overwrite them.

Why does behave FileBot other with empty files?
rednoah
The Source

Re: Renaming multipart movie works only with "fake" files

Post by rednoah »

So the problem is multi-part auto-detection? You need real files for that.

The current implementation uses media properties, such as video codec or video resolution, to check if two files are one video stream split into two parts.

Empty files are always considered "the same stream" but if you take random video files, and name them A Movie CD1 and A Movie CD2 then FileBot will not consider them as multi-part file because the video stream information won't match.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
ProXy

Re: Renaming multipart movie works only with "fake" files

Post by ProXy »

Hello rednoah,

thank you for your answer. I already thought of something like this, so I tried to compare the both parts, but couldn't find any differences. The I decided to try if those files still work and found out that the quality was way below SD. So I decided to delete those ;)

Thanks.