Windows store gives me gray hairs

Any questions? Need some help?
allineedis

Windows store gives me gray hairs

Post by allineedis »

I am trying to purchase filebot through the Windows store. Finally get to the stage that it asks for my payment method. Choose PayPal, error occurred. Fine do it again, can happen. Now the Windows store insists that I enter an address in the US, I filled in that I am from the Netherlands minutes earlier. Obviously I have no address in the US. Cannot get through that wall. Windows store is stuck in a loop here.

Someone else encountered this? How do I get through? Other options to purchase filebot.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Windows store gives me gray hairs

Post by rednoah »

As far as I know, the Windows Store requires you to enter a local credit card by which they verify that you are from where you claim you are.

i.e. if you want to use the US region of the Store, then you need to have a US address and US credit card. If you are from the Netherlands then you need to use the NL region of the Store.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
allineedis

Re: Windows store gives me gray hairs

Post by allineedis »

Hi rednoah,

Did spend another hour getting my account set-up/corrected and did not succeed. I keep on being redirected to the US store. Checked my account and all is correct. Except as soon as I hit "app downloaden", I am immediately re-directed to the US store and there the fun starts that I am not an American. MS seriously has an customer support issue, all politeness but no resolution. I know this is something you do not can/need to solve, but I give up. Wish there was another way.