Multiple database source

Any questions? Need some help?
devster

Multiple database source

Post by devster »

Is it possible to use more than one source for tv shows episodes information?
My example is Last Week Tonight with John Oliver: on TheTVDB here there are very boring episode titles, while on TheMovieDB there are much more interesting titles (here).
How would I combine both to have the series info from TheTVDB but the episode title from TheMovieDB?
I only work in black and sometimes very, very dark grey. (Batman)
rednoah
The Source

Re: Multiple database source

Post by rednoah »

You could just use TheMovieDB?

First and foremost, merging TheTVDB and TheMovieDB data would only be possible if the SxE numbers match, at which point you may as well use TheMovieDB for everything because you'll get the same results.

:idea: Please make a thread in the TheTVDB forums. It would make sense to use proper episode titles. Not sure why nobody has added the appropriate episode titles yet.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
devster

Post by devster »

rednoah wrote: 16 Nov 2017, 11:42 You could just use TheMovieDB?

First and foremost, merging TheTVDB and TheMovieDB data would only be possible if the SxE numbers match, at which point you may as well use TheMovieDB for everything because you'll get the same results.
I thought that using TheMovieDB would default the search to "movie" mode but after this I'll definitely switch to it to have more interesting names.
rednoah wrote: 16 Nov 2017, 11:42 :idea: Please make a thread in the TheTVDB forums. It would make sense to use proper episode titles. Not sure why nobody has added the appropriate episode titles yet.
The reason they don't have nice titles is because the ones currently there seem to be the appropriate titles: here the source.
I only work in black and sometimes very, very dark grey. (Batman)
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

If you're using the GUI, then you can pick the TheMovieDB entry in Episode Mode.

If you're using the CLI, then you can use --db TheMovieDB::TV to force Episode Mode with TheMovieDB data.

If you're using the amc script, then TheTVDB is hard-coded and you won't be able to change that, unless you fork your own script and change the code.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
kim
Power User

Post by kim »

Or you can use my script :D
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5451

btw: the "overview" on TMDB is not locked, so you can just update it ;)