FileBot Stopped Working After Setting Custom File Format

Any questions? Need some help?
ZaLiTHkA

FileBot Stopped Working After Setting Custom File Format

Post by ZaLiTHkA »

Greetings.. :)

I'm rather new to FileBot, only used it a few times so far.. It was working fine, until I tried to set a custom file format for the renamed episodes. I prefer to use a "<series> - S01E01 - <title>" style for my series, so I set the file format to use the following:

Code: Select all

{n} - {s00e00} - {t}
I thought perhaps it didn't like having spaces, so I also tried:

{n}.{s00e00}.{t}
However, after the first time I changed this it stopped working, now it doesn't work no matter what I set the format to. After selecting a series folder and clicking the match button, the "New Names" panel just sits there with the loading animation and refuses to go any further. I've tried leaving it for up to 30 minutes with a series I know it's renamed before, but nothing happens.

I'm running Linux Mint 14 x64, with Mate desktop 1.4.2, installed the 'filebot_3.4_amd64.deb' file downloaded from the official SourceForge download page. I've tried reinstalling it, but that doesn't change anything.

Anybody else experienced this? Or perhaps have any suggestions on what I could try...? Got over 750GB of series I'm trying to sort out for the XBMC scraper, I'd really prefer to not sit and rename them all manually if possible....
rednoah
The Source

Re: FileBot Stopped Working After Setting Custom File Format

Post by rednoah »

Maybe same issue as this?
http://filebot.sourceforge.net/forums/v ... 530&p=3537

So what's the console output? Any errors/warnings/etc?

Try if the deb doesn't work you can try with the portable package. Having the latest Java runtime installed is probably a good idea as well.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
ZaLiTHkA

Post by ZaLiTHkA »

I assume by 'console output' you're referring to what gets shown if it's run straight from terminal? Either way, I just ran it from terminal and as it launches, I instantly see the following messages:

(process:8709): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: /build/buildd/glib2.0-2.34.1/./gobject/gtype.c:2720: You forgot to call g_type_init()

(process:8709): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_type_interface_add_prerequisite: assertion `G_TYPE_IS_INTERFACE (interface_type)' failed

(process:8709): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_once_init_leave: assertion `result != 0' failed

(process:8709): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: /build/buildd/glib2.0-2.34.1/./gobject/gtype.c:2720: You forgot to call g_type_init()

(process:8709): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_once_init_leave: assertion `result != 0' failed

However, while it's running nothing else seems to show up. I'm currently trying to match two seasons of Two Broke Girls from TheTVDB, which is one series it previously picked up just fine.

I'll grab the portable version and see what that one does, but in the mean time, could the messages above perhaps have anything to do with my current issue...?

Edit: Guess I should've read the thread you linked before replying, looks like nickelliott had the same issue, I'll try the suggestions there and see what happens. :)
ZaLiTHkA

Post by ZaLiTHkA »

Thanks rednoah, setting "-DuseGVFS=false" as you suggested in the linked thread seems to have done the trick. When launched from terminal I don't get any of those startup errors and it's matching my series correctly again.

In the other thread you mentioned these errors seem to indicate a problem with some installed libraries, would you have any suggestions on how to sort that out? If not, I'll probably post a question over on the Linux Mint forum, I imagine this would be more of a general Linux question rather than a FileBot-specific question anyway.. :)
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

It has something to do with you using KDE and not having installed any of the Gnome libraries. Works fine on Ubuntu here.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.