Accessible History File

Any questions? Need some help?
eherberg

Accessible History File

Post by eherberg »

I was involved in a discussion on the Subzero forum for Plex about the difficulty with matching renamed files with accurate subtitles. He is in the middle of adding a feature that gets the original filename from Sonarr and Radarr to use for subtitle matching - so renamed file matching accuracy for subtitle searches would be improved.

He assumed FileBot doesn't have an information database or API to connect to, and suggested that if there was a file with the original filename contained, he could possibly code a special case for filebot.

But the history of original names is recorded and should be accessible, correct? If he was directed that (at least for Windows) - the history was contained within \AppData\Roaming\FileBot\history.xml -- I think that would solve the problem.

I guess my question is: Regarding Windows - is this path consistent between the Windows Store version and the pre-store version? I suppose I could always ask him to just have an option for the user to input their log paths.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Accessible History File

Post by rednoah »

FileBot does store the original filename as xattr in the filesystem, so it can easily be accessed by other tools:
viewtopic.php?t=324#p27518

FileBot itself uses the original name xattr attribute to help with subtitle matching.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.