Help with Rename Script

Any questions? Need some help?
cpmiller22

Help with Rename Script

Post by cpmiller22 »

I have a large number of TV show episodes that are not in a compatable naming convention for XBMC, and in fact FileBot can't consistently even read them. I'm hoping I can use the rename script to perform a bulk rename of all of the files, but could really use some help getting started with the script.

My files are all named using the following convention:

Show Name\Showname 1-1.ext
Show Name\Showname 1-2.ext
Show Name\Showname 2-1.ext

etc...

I'm hoping there is a way I can use the script to simply perform a bulk change of the episode naming from "show 1-1" to "show S01E01". The good news is that the files are very consistently named in this odd format, so I just need to get the right script to systematically change them all.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
rednoah
The Source

Re: Help with Rename Script

Post by rednoah »

FileBot should be able handle any filename pattern that makes reasonably sense. Maybe there were some fine-tuning issues for certain corner cases with the latest release.

Have you tried with one of the latest HEAD jars?
https://sourceforge.net/projects/filebo ... ebot/HEAD/
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
cpmiller22

Post by cpmiller22 »

I did just try the latest .jar from HEAD and for some reason certain certain episodes are not matched properly. I'd say its %85 accurate, but there always seems to be a few episodes that don't match right (for example "show 2-6" that will get matched to "show s06e01"). I figured it would be safest to just script something since the naming convention is %100 consistent.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

That shouldn't happen. Please give me the filenames so I can have a look. The more episodes you match the better it works.

Except for duplicate episodes, you mustn't have duplicate episodes. Since it'll match files:episodes 1:1 and if something is double it's assumed to be on of the remaining episodes, usually specials. Also if the episode order of your files doesn't match what's in the db. Then you get "best guess" mismatches like that since filebot doesn't have the correct one to chose from in the first place. That won't change even if you have clean S00E00 patterns in the filename.
cpmiller22

Post by cpmiller22 »

Here is an example of some filenames that aren't matching properly. It has correctly matched 1-6, 1-7,, and 1-8 above for some reason you can see it is matching 5-6, 5-7, and 5-8 to season 1:

I have also had similar issues with other shows. Any thoughts? I'm happy using the script to clean them up if it would be easier.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Ah I see. In this case it seems to be thrown off since differentiating by sxe numbers and absolute numbers is unbalanced. I'll see if I can fine-tune the metrics a bit.

As a work around you can use TVRage. I only get SxE data from there so it can only converge on the SxE numeric patterns.

EDIT: Fixed with r1503
cpmiller22

Post by cpmiller22 »

rednoah wrote: EDIT: Fixed with r1503
Just had a chance to test this out tonight and it works great! Thanks for taking the time to look into this.