Make Preset Default

Any questions? Need some help?
HC1Gunner

Make Preset Default

Post by HC1Gunner »

I just had to a clean install of windows so all my apps are a new install. I had preset, or changed the default setting to this type of format with my previous/old install, when ever I opened Filebot it was used by default t for TV shows. Now I made a new preset, but every time I open FileBot its not used, I have to activate. What do I need to do to make it the default? PLexTV is fussy and only likes shows in the below expression.

{n} - {s00e00} - {t}

Dark Angel - S03E01 - Labyrinth
rednoah
The Source

Re: Make Preset Default

Post by rednoah »

1. Open the Format Editor
2. Switch to Episode mode
3. Enter your custom format
4. Click Use Format

Now your episode format is used by default to format episode type objects.

:idea: Since it works for everyone else, it's unlikely that there's a bug as severe as you describe. What exactly are you doing? Screenshots or Demo videos of the issue would be very helpful for me.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
HC1Gunner

Post by HC1Gunner »

This did not work
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Please show a screenshot of it not working. Make sure to include the main screen that shows episodes formatted incorrectly, as well as the format dialog that shows the format you're using.
HC1Gunner

Post by HC1Gunner »

Every thing I tried just went from bad to worse, I never used to have any issues after fresh install, and add line to support "S01E01" that PlexTV uses. It got so bad that it was doing movies wrong, which is an area that I never even touched, and then for TV shows, it was removing the file type format at the end (.mkv, .mp4, etc.), and then one day it had scaled itself larger on my 4K desktop, and stayed that way until yesterday when I uninstalled it, and reinstalled. So now I like to get setup to support "S01E01" for TV shows.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

I have no idea what you're trying to do or what's not working. Please take a screenshot so I can see what you're doing:
https://snag.gy/

You might also be interested in the Getting Started video that show how to use FileBot:
https://www.filebot.net/getting-started/