Problems with certification

Any questions? Need some help?
encryptedbytes

Problems with certification

Post by encryptedbytes »

When renaming certain movies, {imdb.certification} sometimes returns a television certification rather than the MPAA movie certification.

For example, when renaming the movie Reservoir Dogs, {imdb.certification} returns "TV-MA" rather than the "R" that I am expecting. {certification} does a better job of returning the MPAA rating that I want, but sometimes it doesn't return anything at all even though I know there is an MPAA rating for the movie. Gerry (2002) has an MPAA rating of "R", but {imdb.certification} returns "TV-MA" and {certification} returns nothing.

I pasted together a screenshot showing the kind of results I am getting:

Is there any magic you can share with me that will help me get more consistent MPAA ratings? If there is any additional information, examples, etc. that I can provide just let me know.
~ EncryptedBytes
rednoah
The Source

Re: Problems with certification

Post by rednoah »

You can update the info in TheMovieDB and then {certification} will work.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
encryptedbytes

Post by encryptedbytes »

I've updated about 40 of them so far, but Filebot doesn't reflect the changes yet. It seems it can take up to 6 hours from web to API for the new info to be available.

Any guesses on why {imdb.certification} sometimes grabs the TV rating rather than the MPAA rating? That info comes from a 3rd party rather than IMDB directly doesn't it?
~ EncryptedBytes
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Yep, all the imdb.* data is from http://www.omdbapi.com/

FileBot will cache things for a few days, you can do Ctrl+Shift+DELETE to clear the cache and then try again.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.