Not free anymore, darn.

Any questions? Need some help?
Wolfie

Not free anymore, darn.

Post by Wolfie »

I'll say this up front - this is not a post to fuss about it not being free. It's a great little tool and I completely understand the need (and desire) to make some money from it. Anyone who doesn't understand or agree with your charging for it can go bang their head against a spiked baseball bat.

That said, I'm using 4.7.9 on Windows Server 2012 (which I got for free (legally) from being a student at a local college), and the Windows store says it's not compatible with my device. Is there any way to set it up so it will be? Either that, or a way that I could choose when to download an update and install it myself? I might not be able to buy it right away, but will when I can. (I refer you to the fact that I only have WS2012 running because I didn't have to pay for it, otherwise if I could afford that, I could easily afford $20 to support your efforts.)

Also wondering, what was the latest version that was free, and is it possible to still get a copy of it? If not, no worries.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Not free anymore, darn.

Post by rednoah »

I'm fairly sure you built some really awesome format expressions in the past.

I've got a solution for Windows 7 / Server users since 1-2 weeks ago. It's not perfect but it works on a small scale, selling one by one in person. ;)

Since you're a long-term supporter, you can make me a (fairly low) offer:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5729

:idea: FileBot 4.7.9 was the last free release and is still available on SF. But users have reported that SF download links are sometimes broken.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Wolfie

Post by Wolfie »

I managed to make a decent expression, with your help, but not anything share worthy. Will look at the other topic, thanks.

If the code is pretty much the same as before, then you should know that I haven't had any functionality issues using it on 2012. Only one that comes to mind isn't even the fault of FB, that being the lack of certain file attributes on the new file system, ReFS.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

It'll probably work mostly. It's just that I've never once tested it on that platform, and probably never will. Didn't even know ReFS can be used in production yet. :lol:
Wolfie

Post by Wolfie »

Yep. It's supposedly improved some in 2016.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Please PM me your previous donation details, or a new donation. I kinda need name / address from the PayPal confirmation to issue a private build.