Dealing with old folders and unwanted files

Any questions? Need some help?
DarfNader

Dealing with old folders and unwanted files

Post by DarfNader »

So when FileBot moves my media to neatly arranged folders and files, the remainder of the stuff (samples and other junk) as well as the old folders remain. Is there some way to just have that stuff either carried over or thrown our? I assume filters does this, but I cannot figure out how any of the methods prescribed by the FAQ work.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Dealing with old folders and unwanted files

Post by rednoah »

Companion files are only carried over if the file name matches a corresponding video file name, and then files are processed as a group.

Random text files or jpg files cannot be carried over. But you can easily delete left behind files by deleting the root folder. That also means that you'll always process files to a different media root folder, so you can delete the original media root folder.

The cleaner script might also be something to look into depending on your use case:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5#p1341
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
DarfNader

Post by DarfNader »

Yes, having to deal with a source -> destination situation was something I was trying to avoid. Looks like that's not an option.

Good to know about the cleaner script as well. I think trying to do this on the command line is going to work a lot more easily for me as that's more how I think. The GUI confounds me, unfortunately.

Thanks!
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Having well-named and badly-named files all in the same basket is a very bad idea. I'd set up FileBot to move files into a completely new and clean directory structure. That'll also help you keep track of which files have been processed with FileBot already and which haven't yet for some reason.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.