{plex.name} does not insert season

Any questions? Need some help?
voidpointer

{plex.name} does not insert season

Post by voidpointer »

Whether I choose TheTVDB or AniDB, for the anime show "Air", I do not get proper season formatting in the {plex.name} scheme. To test, I went to the Episodes tab and searched too. This is what I got:

I expect for the top few episodes it to be 1x01, 1x02, etc. Or in the {plex.name} case, it should be S01E01, etc. But instead it is:

I remember season/episode formatting working with Seasons a long time ago, but now it isn't. What am I missing?
rednoah
The Source

Re: {plex.name} does not insert season

Post by rednoah »

:?: Are you using TheTVDB? What Episode Order settings are you using?

Are you using AniDB as data source? Anime don't have seasons, only episode numbers, hence you only get episode numbers.

:idea: If you use Plex, then you must use TheTVDB and not AniDB, as Plex uses TheTVDB and not AniDB. (If you prefer to use AniDB then you must configure a different agent for those Anime files in Plex, such as the HAMA agent.)

:arrow: Please read [Anime] Convert Absolute to SxE numbers on how to convert Absolute AniDB episode numbers to Airdate SxE TheTVDB episode numbers.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
voidpointer

Post by voidpointer »

This test was done on both, but it doesn't show seasons for tvdb either. See the screenshot.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

What Episode Order settings are you using? Unfortunately, your screenshot doesn't show the entire window.

voidpointer

Post by voidpointer »

Oh I apologize for missing your last question. Thanks for being patient with me. I'm using Absolute Order:

I'm guessing you'll tell me it must be Airdate order, but wouldn't that mean then that I have to constantly update this setting any time I want to match with AniDB or TVDB for anime?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

You will indeed need to select the Episode Order settings that best match your files. So if you have Absolute Order episode files, you'll need to convert Absolute to SxE numbers.

However, you do not have switch around all the time. You can use the Presets feature to create your own Convert Absolute to Airdate preset for easy access:
voidpointer

Post by voidpointer »

Thanks, the conversion preset in the other page you provided makes this a 1 click operation. It works great now. I think my only other nitpick would be having presets in the right-click menu!

Thanks so much!!
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Meh. There's too much clicky-clicky already. Use keyboard shortcuts 1..9 to apply Presets quickly.
voidpointer

Post by voidpointer »

I do find the UI inconsistent, so as a result my suggestions probably won't make much sense either. I'm not really sure what would make sense going forward, but your keyboard shortcuts idea seems intuitive! I will keep that in mind. Thank you very much for your quick support!