Re-enable auto detect

Any questions? Need some help?
kez

Re-enable auto detect

Post by kez »

Hi,

Loving Filebot, this is going to save me hours... But I think I've managed to disable auto-detect when searching for TV shows because now I need to enter the series name every time I search, which isn't great if I'm trying to rename many different TV shows at once. (I don't remember searching holding down SHIFT but I guess I did) How can I turn auto-detect back on?!

Thanks
rednoah
The Source

Re: Re-enable auto detect

Post by rednoah »

Can't permanently disable auto-detection. The SHIFT click thing is one off. If FileBot asks for input then because it probably just can't figure out what to show name is by itself. So what's the filenames FileBot can't figure out?
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
kez

Post by kez »

I've tried a bunch of different ones including, The Wire, Royal Pains, Touch. Even just doing one at a time it still prompts for a name.
I think this actually started when I experimented with changing my naming scheme to include {n.replaceTrailingBrackets()}, but now even with that removed and back to just {n}.{S00E00}.{t} it's still prompting for the series name.
I did actually run all these problem files through successfully once, then changed the naming scheme as above, now it won't recognise the same shows which had just worked.

I should also say I'm running a Mac and I've tried deleting the app and reinstalling.

Hope you can help, I can't believe I found this brilliant app and managed to break it after only a few days! :shock:
kez

Post by kez »

I think I might have worked this out, I've tried some new files that had not already been run through FileBot and they worked fine (even doing a few different shows together - which was the functionality that was the most important to me). It seems files which have already been renamed did not like to be renamed again, even though I was sure I'd done that before when experimenting with different naming schemes. Anyway, big sigh of relief, I think this is okay now. :D

Keep up the great work, this app is seriously going to save me hours so I'm very grateful. I'm going to play with the move file function next...
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Filebot doesnt remember which file belongs to which show. It'll just look at the filenames everytime to figure it out. If the showname is in the majority of files it should work. If u use naming like "1x01 title" then of course nobody can tell.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.