Filebot Node on Synology: java.nio.file.AccessDeniedException:

Any questions? Need some help?
galileotop

Filebot Node on Synology: java.nio.file.AccessDeniedException:

Post by galileotop »

Hi there

I have a problem with Filebot Node (v0.2.8) on a Synology Ds415play with DSM-Version DSM 6.2-23739 Update 2.
Filbot ist newly installed (v4.8.2), I have a license for it.
Until update 6.2, everything worked correctly.
Now, I have done the update and since then (2 days ago) I get an the following error on executing the script to read in some files:

[MOVE] Failure: java.nio.file.AccessDeniedException: /volume1/public... to /volume1/video/...
Processed 0 files
AccessDeniedException: /volume1/public/... to -> /volume1/video/...

Input works, fetching works, files are recognised correctly, but it has some troubles moving them to the right place... I have tested with different users that all have wright access to the folder, I want to place them in.

Please give me a hint what I could possibly do.

Thank you.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Filebot Node on Synology: java.nio.file.AccessDeniedException:

Post by rednoah »

I'd start by narrowing down the issue. What folders work? What folders do not work? What's the difference?

The easiest solution is to just create a new share, so it's initialized with default permissions, and that usually works.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
galileotop

Re: Filebot Node on Synology: java.nio.file.AccessDeniedException:

Post by galileotop »

Hi rednoah
Thank you for your suggestion. I have tried that, but only for the folder I wanted to put the file into. I found out now with your help, that the problem is the source folder, because i choose "move and rename". Filebot is not allowed to move the file, because it has to delete it therefore from the source-folder.
Why is "admin" not allowed anymore to delete files in the public-folder? I don't understand. "admin" had all the same rights as before from synology and I didn't change anything, beside making an update to DSM-V 6.2. Did something change with the rights?
If I give specific rights for the user "admin" to the target-folder and not only for the group "administrators", it works with "move and rename"!!?? "admin" ist a member of the group "administration" of course! Strange... But thanks anyway for the fast help.

Regards