Please help a newbie get started.. auto TV & movie rename

Any questions? Need some help?
MKANET

Please help a newbie get started.. auto TV & movie rename

Post by MKANET »

I have been searching all day for a simple light-weight TV & movie renaming tool that's smart enough to tell the difference between TV and movie media files. I had wasted an hour and a half before I realized that theRenamer application (which seems to be very popular) isn't smart enough to automatically rename TV/movie media files. However, it does "TV only" or "Movies" only very well.

All my TV shows and movies have their own folders; however, both the folder and the respective media file need to be renamed to friendly names.

What would the command line syntax be if I wanted Filebot to rename all media files under E:\TV & Movies (renaming both the folder and the media file in it).

Thanks in advance for the kind help,
MKANET
rednoah
The Source

Re: Please help a newbie get started.. auto TV & movie renam

Post by rednoah »

filebot -rename <folder> should generally work. On movie and tv show folders. But only one at a time.

Now u just need to script that for all folders. Use FileBot Groovy scripting or system shell.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
MKANET

Post by MKANET »

Yes, that's what I was asking for :)

I was just hoping for a simple tool that can automatically rename both TV and movies in one folder. I have a directory/file monitoring app called "watchdirectory" which will detect any TV and movie files as they are downloaded. I was just looking for a command-line to run when either a TV or movie media file is added to a folder.
rednoah wrote:filebot -rename <folder> should generally work. On movie and tv show folders. But only one at a time.

Now u just need to script that for all folders. Use FileBot Groovy scripting or system shell.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Well, then it should be as easy as that.

Sorting out movies / tvshows might be a good standard usecase though. I'll think about it.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.