java.lang.Error: Properties init: Could not determine current working directory.

Any questions? Need some help?
Arsia

java.lang.Error: Properties init: Could not determine current working directory.

Post by Arsia »

I had FileBot working at one point but now it has totally given up on me. I tried rclone and google-drive-ocamlfuse but both are providing the same results.

Code: Select all

sh: 0: getcwd() failed: No such file or directory
Oct 04, 2018 9:08:21 PM java.util.prefs.FileSystemPreferences$6 run
WARNING: Prefs file removed in background /root/.java/.userPrefs/prefs.xml
When I do `filebot --version` within the mounted directory inside a sub-directory, I get the following:

<E> fish: getcwd() failed with errno 2/No such file or directory
Error occurred during initialization of VM
	at java.lang.System.initProperties(java.base/Native Method)
	at java.lang.System.initPhase1(java.base/Unknown Source)

<E> fish: getcwd() failed with errno 2/No such file or directory
Oddly, this does not happen in the parent directory of the mounted drive.

FileBot 4.8.2 (r5789) / Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 10.0.2 / Linux 4.15.0-36-generic (amd64)
Any ideas? I've been troubleshooting this for hours. :(
rednoah
The Source

Re: sh: 0: getcwd() failed: No such file or directory

Post by rednoah »

getcwd() refers to a Unix syscall that should yield the current working directory. It's like you're cding into a folder that doesn't exist, and then calling filebot from there, which then throws lots of strange errors because it's sort of in an impossible situation. This is very strange, and has little to do with FileBot specifically, and more with your OS on a lower level.

:idea: Have you tried cding into your normal user home folder, and then calling filebot from there?

:idea: A Google search for java.lang.Error: Properties init: Could not determine current working directory will probably give you a lot of things you could try to work around or fix this issue on your system.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Arsia

Re: sh: 0: getcwd() failed: No such file or directory

Post by Arsia »

Have you tried cding into your normal user home folder, and then calling filebot from there?
Yeap. Same result.
A Google search for java.lang.Error: Properties init: Could not determine current working directory will probably give you a lot of things you could try to work around or fix this issue on your system.
Yeah, that's what I've been doing. I'll keep trying.
This is very strange, and has little to do with FileBot specifically, and more with your OS on a lower level.
Yeah, that's what I figured too.