File & Folder renaming.

Any questions? Need some help?
cdognz

File & Folder renaming.

Post by cdognz »

Hi everyone. I am ultra new at this and sorry if i sound confusing. I have a folder filled with 1200 or so movies that i would like to simply rename e.g movie name and year and put into folders with the same name. Is there a command i can use to do this or do i have to drag and drop them into the filebot program?? I have tried to configure it using the format editor but it does not rename the folder only the file.. E.g i press load then add the file then rename it then i save it but it just renames the file and puts it into the same folder.. I do apoligize if this has been asked so many times and have searched but just cant find an answer that works for me. Thank you :)
kim
Power User

Re: File & Folder renaming.

Post by kim »

/ (slash) = folder

Code: Select all

{ny}/{ny}
cdognz

Post by cdognz »

Thanks for the reply Kim. Where do I enter that command do I use command prompt??
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

This is a format expression. You can enter it in the Format Editor:
https://www.filebot.net/naming.html

:idea: If something is unclear, please take screenshots or upload a screen capture video to show us what you're doing and where you're stuck.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
cdognz

Post by cdognz »

Thanks rednoah, each time i do this and add my movies to the list the program crashes as i think it overloads so im just wondering if there is a command prompt command i can use?? Thanks so much
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Setting a format is completely separate from loading files, so your description doesn't make sense to me. Can you add screenshots please? That would allow us to see what you are seeing.

What does sysinfo output say?

Are there any logs or error messages?

Do you have more than a million files? Or just a few thousand?
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.