Manual Matching: Multiple episodes per file

Any questions? Need some help?
Whatever

Manual Matching: Multiple episodes per file

Post by Whatever »

I've looked, but can't find anything useful or comprehensible about this - I'm sure I can't be the first person to ask though...

I have lots of old TV series I need to rename to work with Plex, but for which some files contain multiple episodes. How do I get Filebot to understand that more than one episode is contained in a single file, and can it apply the appropriate naming conventions once I do? Ta.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Multiple episodes per file

Post by rednoah »

Screenshots or example file paths please. Read How to Request Help for details.

FileBot will understand common multi-episode patterns, such as S01E01E02 or 1x01x02 etc, and thus work as expected out of the box in most cases.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Whatever

Post by Whatever »

Thanks for the speedy response. https://postimg.cc/s1hDBG2h <-- screenshot of example issue. Have followed the S02E01E02 format, but it's not picking it up. I'll see if the 'x' format works better.

e; nope, neither works so far.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Works out of the box:

Code: Select all

$ filebot -rename *.mkv --q 'Doctor Who'
Rename episodes using [TheTVDB]
Fetching episode data for [Doctor Who]
[MOVE] from [Doctor Who s02e01e02e03.mkv] to [Doctor Who - 2x01 & 2x02 & 2x03 - Planet of Giants & Dangerous Journey & Crisis.mkv]
Processed 1 files

:!: The behaviour I see in the screenshot doesn't make sense, UNLESS you're manually matching files / episodes via the Episode panel, which does not seem to be mentioned in the OP.

Here's how automatic matching works, and multi-episode files will just work out of the box:

Here's what you seem to be doing:

In the latter case, multi-episode files are indeed not supported, since there's no way to merge episode objects manually.

:idea: Since you're using Plex, you'll want to use the {plex} format, otherwise you'll be wasting your time renaming files for Plex in the wrong format that Plex might not understand well. Read this: https://forums.plex.tv/t/plex-naming-sc ... bot/121538
Whatever

Post by Whatever »

Aha, excellent - you're right, that works like a charm. Muchos gracias! \o/
rednoah
The Source

Re: Manual Matching: Multiple episodes per file

Post by rednoah »

:!: Since you're using Plex, you'll want to use the {plex} format, otherwise you'll be wasting your time renaming files for Plex in the wrong format. :!:

Read this:
https://forums.plex.tv/t/plex-naming-sc ... bot/121538