Using a Script Automatically?

Any questions? Need some help?
mystik1

Using a Script Automatically?

Post by mystik1 »

I am using the software on Windows. I am not using it via the command-line. My end goal is to simply drag and drop TV episodes onto the window, click to rename them, and the files be renamed and moved to the appropriate folder. I will also say that I am brand new to the software...just got it loaded today. Following a search, I saw this script:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=215

But it seems to only mention use via the command-line. Can I use this automatically when renaming using the GUI? Thank you.
mystik1

Re: Using a Script Automatically?

Post by mystik1 »

I may have figured it out (I can't try it yet because I have to buy first....so, I would like someone to confirm). I clicked Fetch Data and then Edit Format. I entered this: e:\Video\TV\{n}\{n} - {sxe} - {t}

The files are in e:\Downloads now. Will this do the trick?
mystik1

Post by mystik1 »

Disregard this post. I went ahead and bought (impatient, I guess), and it works. :) I have one more question, but I will post it separately since the topic is different.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

You can try everything without buying. Only move / rename is blocked, but testing custom formats and previewing the results in the New Names area allows you to evaluate how organizing files into a new folder structure works.

I guess you already got it sorted, but here's the Getting Started video tutorials to help you out if you're still unsure how to use FileBot effectively:
https://www.filebot.net/getting-started/
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.