Can't keep filebot from renaming incorrectly.

Any questions? Need some help?
capitansquid

Can't keep filebot from renaming incorrectly.

Post by capitansquid »

Hi,

I'm having issues with a specific file - an anime called "Sakurasou no pet na kanojo." I want the title to stay as is (english alphabet but japanese name), but filebot keeps switching it to the english title ("the pet girl of sakarasou").

I've spent better part of 2 hours going over the tutorials and message boards but nothing I've seen/read worked.
I should state that I'm clueless on command line (or programming in general) so that option is seriously last resort unless I'm given very complete instruction.

This is the first time I can't get filebot to at least give me an option for the shows I've thrown at it so I'm at a loss.

Can anyone help?
Thanks.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Can't keep filebot from renaming incorrectly.

Post by rednoah »

That won't work. If you set language to English you'll get English names and titles. If you select Japanese it'll be all Japanese. No in between right now.

You can force the title via the naming scheme but that's kinda manual.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
capitansquid

Post by capitansquid »

d'oh.

How does the naming scheme work? I tried the shift click manual entry but it just switches it to the english title anyway.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Yeah, because once you select a search result it'll use the anidb id and grab info in the selected language.

The only thing you can is this:
http://www.filebot.net/forums/viewtopic ... =182#p1277

Like make a .csv files were you say what english name should be replaced with what original name. That's why it's kinda manual.

EDIT:
Using the primary title instead of the english title is not supported if english language.

BUT there's to way to get it working the way you want:

1. Just set obscure language, e.g. Lithuanian. That'll make it default to the primary title you want, and episode titles will default to english. Done.

2. Another option is forcing the info out of FileBot internals via this hack:

Code: Select all

{net.sourceforge.filebot.WebServices.AniDB.animeTitles.find{n == it.getOfficialTitle('en')}?.primaryTitle ?: n}
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
capitansquid

Post by capitansquid »

Option 1 worked thanks!
option 2 did not do good things. (just renamed all the episodes to the same thing - show name without episode title or number.
As for shift click, didn't actually let me choose anything (no search result). I'd shift click, type in the name and hit enter and it would default to english titles.
capitansquid

Post by capitansquid »

ah, just realized I had to add the rest of the string to that. So if I added - {sxe} - {t} option 2 now works.

Thanks!