Change initial unrar location

Any questions? Need some help?
beedee

Change initial unrar location

Post by beedee »

I have about 1 TB of .rar archives on my NAS. It's a Drobo FS, known for it's suboptimal I/O handling. Extracting an archive directly on the NAS is much slower than extracting it to my local HD and then copy it back.

Is there a way to get FileBot to do this? Is there a way to do this while using the amc script?

I'm on Mac OS 10.8.3.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Change initial unrar location

Post by rednoah »

Seems easy enough. Can't be more than a few lines of custom scripting.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
beedee

Post by beedee »

With the AMC script in mind:

Would changing output in the extract part of the script from null to some temporary local folder work?

Code: Select all

// extract archives (zip, rar, etc) that contain at least one video file
def tempFiles = extract(file: input.findAll{ it.isArchive() || it.hasExtension('001') }, output: null, conflict: 'override', filter: { it.isVideo() || (music && it.isAudio()) }, forceExtractAll: true) ?: []
input += tempFiles
The only problem then would be my lack of local storage. If I'm not mistaken, the AMC script first extracts everything and then moves/copies. Is there a way to change this to do everything for one movie, then move to the next and so on?

If the above works I think I by reading the AMC script code can figure out how to make a script that extracts to local and then renames them. If I however want to extract the archives into the folder they reside in, but first to local drive. (so that I later can symlink them to a pretty structure while keeping the original files intact)

I'd also like to throw in an extra question regarding the script. When doing using --action copy, will extracted files be copied even if they're on the same drive or does that only apply to media files?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

--action copy always copies files. Some drive, other drive, anything. Of course only media files that it can detect, they will be copied as the format specifies.

*** If you don't need the episode/movie detection and sorting features of filebot/amc, but only want to mass-extract archives, then it's a bad idea to use the amc script. ***

AMC first extracts all, then processes all. Call amc folder-by-folder if you need to use amc. Otherwise write your own script that just processes one archive after another.

Changing doing something like output:"/extract" may work. Just make sure you don't loose information filebot needs to auto-detect the movie name. By default (output:null) it'll create folders of the same name as the archive name.
beedee

Post by beedee »

Okay, reading through the AMC script I think I understand how this works. The thing I wanna do is to copy movie files and move extracted archive files. (so that the original file structure is intact and I have a new pretty file structure at the destination)

Am I correct that do do this, I'd have to make or edit a script. I.e. make it so that movie files are parsed first with --action copy, and archive files thereafter with --action move and that, using the AMC script, if I want to clean up stuff from the extraction (which in this case would be only the folder) I'd have to remove the last if statement in the script?

I realize that I've taken this a bit off topic and apologize for that. I'd also like to thank you very much for your answers.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Just play with it and see what happens. It's not designed for how you wanna use it so I think you need to come up with a bit of your own logic. But all the functions you'll need, like extract(...), you can see in amc.
beedee

Post by beedee »

Ooh, what's that shiny yellow button? :)

I'll do some playing around and come back and ask more stuff if I don't get it right.

Thank you!