How to auto extract

Any questions? Need some help?
sanjonny

How to auto extract

Post by sanjonny »

I think I am missing something. I take a torrent folder and analyze it and it comes up wit the rars and such but I do not know how to do this automatically. The only way I seem to be able to do it is by selecting each rar indiviually on the right hand side and right clicking on open which then pulls it up in extractnow (another program that controls multiple rar extractions that is tied to my shell) But it would be great if I could just select the rar files and have filebot tell them what directory to extract to and extract them. The problem with just extracting them in the same directory means then I have to comb thru all the torrent folders to find each extracted file.

I imagine there is something I am missing as filebot does so much else, but I have not intuitively found out how to do it so help is greatly appreciated.
rednoah
The Source

Re: How to auto extract

Post by rednoah »

Sorry, there is no mass-extraction feature (yet). "Analyze" panel is very basic, just calculates some info, but doesn't do anything.

There this script which tries to handle things automatically. Extract & Rename.
@see http://filebot.sourceforge.net/forums/v ... =4&t=5#p52
(but that's also just using the unrar cmdline utility)

Even if you unrar things manually, you can still just use Rename panel and just drop in everything, FileBot will ignore the rars but move-organize the movies / episodes the way you set up.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

btw you can easliy adjust the script given above to lookup all rars and then unrar to a given folder
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

New beta integrates with 7zip libraries. I think that's what you were looking for:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/filebot ... ebot/HEAD/
sanjonny

Post by sanjonny »

I will play with it, I only saw it on a feature list and was wondering what I was missing. On a separate note, it also says we can compare two directories. That is very useful, especially in a couple ways I can think of. because I use winmerge all the time to do that and it would make life easier if it could all come from filebot. That being said, I don't know how to go about comparing directories in file bot, how does that work?

I got some new torrents today that are multi-rar, so I will try out the beta and see how it goes.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Comparing folders is a way of using the SFV panel. Kinda like Creating an SFV from one folder and then checking against another.

Just drop in one folder in the SFV table. And than add-drop (CTRL+Drop) other folders. It'll compare checksums of matching paths, and you'll also easily find files that are in one folder but not the other.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

sanjonny wrote:I will play with it, I only saw it on a feature list and was wondering what I was missing.
I think you're refering to sorty.groovy, but that script is using the unrar cmdline utility. The new beta will allow you to hook directly into 7zip native code via function extract().