Automation on MAC, impossible?

Any questions? Need some help?
brersam

Automation on MAC, impossible?

Post by brersam »

Okay ive been trying for days now to set it up for FileBot to auto rename my TV Shows on mac,

Basically my system is working, the RSS torrents download to folder A, they are kept in Folder A to seed but also copied to folder B, where they are auto unrar using Hazel, and depending on file types move to a related folder, i then use iFlicks to meta tag and convert the mainly .mkv to iTunes for playing on my apple tv and sorting in iTunes, meaning most videos will not need to be converted and just changed to mp4 since they ysed x264 mainly

My problem is sometimes the meta for the files are not found and automatically converted over to iTunes with no metatags added because iFlicks doesn't recognise the file name, and just adds them with there normal name, so im trying to fit in the re namer automatically rename to a better name to be recognised by iFlicks, problem is im terrible with scripting, I've tried and failed to set up scripts for FileBot to do this but can't seem to.

Could anyone please help?
rednoah
The Source

Re: Automation on MAC, impossible?

Post by rednoah »

This script will do almost anything out of the box:
http://www.filebot.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=215

You'll just need make your torrent client call filebot/amc on newly finished downloads. With artwork enabled it'll also generate .nfo files so that'll be a big help for tools like iFlicks. The unrar step is taken care of by filebot/amc.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
brersam

Post by brersam »

Seems to be Windows focused unless using Transmission, which doesn't allow you to import RSS automatically, unless im missing something?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Nope, the cmdline and scripts work exactly the same on all platforms.

How/When you call filebot depends on what you want. I run on Windows so a write a tutorial for utorrent. You're welcome to figure out how to set things up for other torrent client or download managers and write a tutorial. ;)

Almost anything in the AMC docs is completely ambiguous of what platform you use or what tool you use to call filebot, you can do it manually from cmdline if you want (which you'd do while testing anyway).
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.