File Transfer Time Issues

Any questions? Need some help?
bmwrph

File Transfer Time Issues

Post by bmwrph »

Hello,

I am using a imac running Mojave 10.14.1 and Filebot 4.8.3 (5807).

I am using a Gigabit LAN network. Been using Filebot for years now and love it , and had no issues with it.

Ever since I upgraded to Mojave, Filebot seems to take so long in transferring the files to my Synology DS916+.

The stats are like this:

1) Using Mac Finder direct transfer to the NAS. Read/Write to the Synology is 103MB/s - 109MB/s

2) Using FileBot with the format set to : /Volumes/video/MOVIES/NEW RELEASES/{n} ({y})/{n.upperInitial().space('.')}_({y})
1.5gb file took 90s = 16MB/s, 9gb file took ~ 10 mins = 15MB/s

(Renaming locally and then transferring manually works fine but is a cumbersome process.)

Any reason for that slower transfer? Possible fix?

Thank you

Chuck B
rednoah
The Source

Re: File Transfer Time Issues

Post by rednoah »

Not much FileBot can do different here. It's just moving files from /A to /B and then operating system / underlying remote filesystem layer is responsible to actually read/write/transfer data as necessary.

My first step of investigating the issue is to see if just Finder is magically faster, and if other tools, not just FileBot, have different behaviors as well.

For example, I'd start by opening Terminal and testing the mv and cp commands to move / copy around a few files from the command-line and time that.

Code: Select all

time mv /A /B
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
bmwrph

Post by bmwrph »

Hi ,

Thanks for the response.

I have never used command line filebot, always the GUI.

Can you give me an example of how I would write the line in terminal to get info from movieDB and rename the localfile (e.g. location A) and MOVE it to the synology (location B)?

Tried searching but what I tried doesn’t seem to be working.

Thanks
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Certainly possible, but basic command-line skills are absolutely prerequisite for that.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.