The Universal License and Windows Store Edition

Talk about the Ultimate Question of Life, The Universe, and Everything
Kendog52361

The Universal License and Windows Store Edition

Post by Kendog52361 »

Basically, while I understand that the Microsoft Store version is limited to Windows 10, my question is whether a universal license can be used/applied to get the Windows Store version, even though you aren't buying it in the Windows Store, but this site?
rednoah
The Source

Re: The Universal License and Windows Store Edition

Post by rednoah »

Unfortunately, you can't apply a universal license to the Windows Store or Mac App Store edition of FileBot. These purchases are effectively different products sold and managed by completely independent companies that don't share customer information nor revenue, and so products sold on their respective stores are not interchangeable.

:arrow: viewtopic.php?t=6265
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
neoblack

Post by neoblack »

I am trying to request a Complementary License, but I dont have permision to writte messages directy to you rednoah, is this viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9517 stil possible??
rednoah wrote: 31 May 2019, 03:05 Unfortunately, you can't apply a universal license to the Windows Store or Mac App Store edition of FileBot. These purchases are effectively different products sold and managed by completely independent companies that don't share customer information nor revenue, and so products sold on their respective stores are not interchangeable.

:arrow: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6265
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Yes, you can - irregardless of previous Store purchases - if you plan on contributing, i.e. testing the latest revision, reporting issues, etc:
viewtopic.php?t=10881

:idea: PMs are enabled for users with 1 or more public posts.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.