Some honest feedback about pricing

Talk about the Ultimate Question of Life, The Universe, and Everything
AtariBaby

Some honest feedback about pricing

Post by AtariBaby »

Hi, I just wanted to give some feedback on the pricing.

I bought some licenses for FileBot over the years. Needing it now after a long absence, I was happy to buy a license. I bought for a year, and I would have bought “lifetime” or a longer time period, but when I compare the pricing, that’s like 9 or 10 years of annual licenses. The odds I’ll need this every year for that many years seemed unlikely to me. Point being, if the price point was more tempting, you might get more people like me making the bigger purchase.

Similarly, to be honest, I probably would have paid a little more for a year. It was just too tempting to pay very little for a year verses many years.

Don’t get me wrong, this is no complaint. I’m grateful that FileBot exists and I’m happy to contribute a few dollars. I just thought you might find this information useful in future considerations.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Some honest feedback about pricing

Post by rednoah »

No worries. The $6 per year option is generally recommended for everyone. The $60 life-time option exists solely for advanced users that either like FileBot a lot or dislike subscriptions a lot.

:idea: The pricing is designed with long-term sustainability in mind. If you invest $60 in the stock market, then you can expect to make at least $3 per year, so it works out either way.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
snickers2k

Post by snickers2k »

question is only; where is the $30 lifetime version for linux? :D like for mac/windows ... thats ... strange...
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

snickers2k wrote: 22 Apr 2021, 01:02 where is the $30 lifetime version for linux? :D like for mac/windows ... thats ... strange...
We had a paid Linux version on the Ubuntu Store. Then the Ubuntu Store shut down. We had paid Linux version on the Snap Store. Then the Snap Store gave up on paid purchases. Since we now have a reliable system of our own, we will no longer pursue platform-specific purchase options, though we will (unfortunately have to) continue to maintain the existing ones.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.