How long do changes to TVDB take ?

Talk about the Ultimate Question of Life, The Universe, and Everything
Killavolt

How long do changes to TVDB take ?

Post by Killavolt »

Sorry for the stupid sounding title...

I have a show that has the episodes in order and already named, but when trying to rename them (to add some stuff) and getting information from TVDB the episodes were wrong and out of order.

So I went to TVDB, and made edits to put the episodes in the correct order so they're all correct on TVDB now, but when trying to perform a match in filebot it's still getting the old episode order which is wrong.
rednoah
The Source

Re: How long do changes to TVDB take ?

Post by rednoah »

FileBot itself will cache episode listings for ~4 days on the client-side. As for server-side caching, maybe a few hours, but you'll have to ask TheTVDB developers for details on that.

rednoah wrote: 22 Sep 2014, 12:20 FileBot will cache external data with extreme prejudice. Which is generally not a problem, but if you absolutely need to fetch the latest data from the server then you can just clear the cache and try again.

GUI:
Press CTRL+SHIFT+DEL (clear active caches only)

CLI:
Run filebot -clear-cache (clear all caches)
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Killavolt

Post by Killavolt »

I made the edits not quite 24 hours ago, and have cleared the cache in filebot, but it's still pulling the wrong data?

The TVDB is still showing the correct order when I view the show now, just not in filebot.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

:?: How did you clear the cache?
rednoah wrote: 22 Sep 2014, 12:20 GUI:
Press CTRL+SHIFT+DEL (clear active caches only)

CLI:
Run filebot -clear-cache (clear all caches)

:arrow: Close all FileBot instances and then call filebot -clear-cache on the command-line. That is the easiest and most through way.

:idea: If you use the GUI, then clear active caches only means that it won't delete caches that haven't yet been accessed during this GUI session. So it won't work if you do CTRL+SHIFT+DEL right after startup, but will work if you do CTRL+SHIFT+DEL after using Episodes panel to fetch the episode list (from cache thus activating the cache) and then trying again to fetch the latest episode listing. The "N active caches have been cleared." information message will give you feedback.

:arrow: Alternatively, you can also just wait for ~5 days and then try again.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.